• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Share your Guilty Pleasure Modern/Pop Song in your archive

mononoaware

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I am sure a lot of users have this, that one or few songs which simply does not fit in with the rest of your audio archive.

Sounds almost like a song that you would hear on the radio (or is at least mastered in such a way), and you enjoy playing it on your system once in awhile.

Maybe you need to fill that mid-bass void, or maybe you need that "manufactured/processed" music to balance things out. . .

Here are mine (a few of these play almost twice as loud as other files so be warned):

Charlie XCX feat. Troye Sivan - 1999(Stripped)

Gryffin feat. Ivy Adara - Bye Bye (Acoustic)

Halsey feat. Juice Wrld - Without Me

Halsey - Finally//Beautiful Stranger

Maggie Lindemann - Would I

-

Thats it just 5 songs.

The next closest thing to modern type music would be anything by "The Midnight", in which case I consider the sound to be "nostalgic" or "retro" rather than "modern".
Also all 6-7 albums are in the archive so it is not exactly "unusual" and it does have its place in the collection.

Last edited:

AudioStudies

I don't like Country Western music. But If Ella Fitzgerald sang a Country Western song, I couldn't stop listening . . . but then felt guilty . . .

Chester

My library is full of good quality pop music from the 50’s through to today. I’ve never considered it but perhaps that makes me an outlier here, who knows.

OP
mononoaware

mononoaware

My library is full of good quality pop music from the 50’s through to today. I’ve never considered it but perhaps that makes me an outlier here, who knows.

I apologise I did not account for the vice/versa in the original post.
In your case maybe unusual audio files would be Country/Bluegrass/Folk/Insert-Genre-here etc?

Jim Matthews

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
When I was a younger man I detested Abba, The Bee Gees and Queen.

Now I sing along, and (with apologies to George Ivan Morrison) would like to be cheerful again.

Last edited:

Loathecliff

I am sure a lot of users have this, that one or few songs which simply does not fit in with the rest of your audio archive.
A much-missed TV series that contains some great (& close to the 'edge') songs.
This one has the bonus of providing the best ever reason for keeping vinyl :facepalm::rolleyes:

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Lorde - Solar Power for me. :)

Top Bottom