Search results

1. Lttlwing16

The Lasik surgery of Hearing

This sounds really promising! https://scitechdaily.com/mit-scientists-develop-new-regenerative-drug-that-reverses-hearing-loss/
  2. Lttlwing16

Need help with USB powered DAC

I have the Drop+Grace Design SDAC which is powered via USB. My issue is I'd like to have two USB inputs to the SDAC but have the device powered independently of either of these two inputs. Is this possible? If I use a powered USB hub and went directly into the SDAC with the main leg of the hub...
  3. Lttlwing16

i2s sync error and resolution

I'm using a Rpi 3B+ with Allo Digione running MoOde. My issue is I am having i2s sync errors in the /var/log/kern.log and my 24/96 files will not playback without stutter on first reboot. However, if I play a 16/44.1 file the 24/96 files playback fine. I've searched for answers on the...
  4. Lttlwing16

24/96 playback stuttering with Allo Digione

Hey Folks, I've got an interesting issue and didn't know if anyone had come across this, or has more insight into what's going on. My 24/96 files I host on my NFS server playback with frequent stuttering and hesitation which renders them inaudible. If I play a single 16/44.1 file from the...
  5. Lttlwing16

REW WATERFALL NOISE FLOOR!

I am using a 5.3.4 setup in a open floor plan living room with a large opening to the kitchen on the left side of the room. I ran Audyssey and was checking things in REW with a UMIK1 and saw there was a constant noise floor from pretty much all the measurements. Any ideas? Thanks!
  6. Lttlwing16

Normalization methods for LP digitization

Hey folks, I've been exploring digitizing my LP's so I can play them on my upstairs stereo where a turntable setup isn't an option. I wanted to open a discussion about methods to properly bring in the analog data and have it at a reasonable playback volume. In particular normalization methods...
  7. Lttlwing16

Spectrogram analysis

Hey folks, I'm putting together a side by side comparison of a couple phono preamps and wanted some input on how to properly interpret the spectral data from audacity. In particular I'll be looking at System noise, Gain, Record noise and pops. Here are a couple of spectral samples I've made...
  8. Lttlwing16

Recording noise

I'm trying to grab some recordings of two different phono preamps (ART DJ PREII vs Darlington Labs MM-6) for comparison. I was setting up my gear last night and was greeted with a 1khz whine when the RCA output of my THX 789 AAA SE pass was plugged into the Mbox. Everything was powered on and...
  9. Lttlwing16

Home Theater and Hifi

Equipment: Sony STRDH590> RSL CG23 (Right, Left, Center) & Dual BIC Venturi 1020 Subs (via LFE). Surrounds are RSL CG3's. For Hifi: Raspberry Pi 3b+ Allo Digione running MoOde coax out > Topping D30 analog out> STRDH590 SACD analog input. I have a nice setup, and am overall really pleased...
  10. Lttlwing16

RIAA mixing on modern music

I have been gifted a good supply of 1960's-1990's vinyl records from my father. I built my own record cleaning machine (https://photos.app.goo.gl/qNoRuBtgwArePQUw8 and https://photos.app.goo.gl/q6A7fuYaDrPJxztw8) to clean them up properly and am listening through the below : Technics SL-23 >...
  11. Lttlwing16

Volume Question

I'm working with the following: Spotify/FLAC listening: PC USB>Grace SDAC BALANCED Balanced out>THX789 BALANCED OUT>AEON RT -- *789 set at Gain II about 12 o'clock for comfortable listening Turntable Listening: Technics SL-23 with AT 3600L RCA out> ART DJ PREII (LF cut/200PF gain set to...
  12. Lttlwing16

Items submitted for Review

This thread is exclusively for members who have sent/given something to Amir to review. **THIS THREAD IS NOT A "WHEN WILL YOU GET TO THIS" "WHATS THE ETA"** thread **THIS THREAD IS NOT A "HEY WILL YOU REVIEW THIS _____" @amirm is working hard to review stuff, so please don't pressure the...
  13. Lttlwing16

"Coming soon" upcoming reviews

I've looked around on the site and didn't see anything, but was thinking it would be cool if there was a schedule/calendar, or even a "stay tuned" or "coming soon" list of things which will be reviewed in the near future. -Full disclosure- I sent in some carbo tenore budget japanese iem's for...
  14. Lttlwing16

Gear advice

Hey folks, long time reader, looking for some input. Pretty set on the Aeon RT closed as my first pair of nice headphones. Now to find the right DAC/AMP: Will need two main inputs: PC and Vinyl. (USB/RCA) I'm considering; Element II : $399 Atom Stack: $200 (will need to use a RCA>3.5mm...
Top Bottom