• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

The Lasik surgery of Hearing

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor
I've also herd, smoking certain natural Erbs can accomplish this, albeit, for some strange reason, it may only last for a few hours. ;)
Hard to buy that one.

Ambient384

Proof our body is ignoring on healing few areas, Since this is like our hands falling off after getting damage a lot. Wonder how Lossy audio will cope with this since that means people could notice the lowpass levels on LAME, Vorbis, AAC from 15 ~ 19KHz. Opus doesn't do this it 20KHz at 80 ~ 512kbps.

Sokel

Master Contributor
Someone must start mass production of high shelf filters,some gear will be intolerable after that :p

spigot

Slightly related, to get the most out of my existing hearing I purchased a Propulse II electric earwax irrigator about a decade ago (eBay), and use it a couple of times a year max. It pulses a jet of water that pretty quickly flushes anything out. I just rub my fingers close to either ear and if one sounds duller then I'll giver it a clean. The first time I used it the improvement was pretty dramatic, better than any power supply filter I could have wasted money on. Only to be used infrequently and when necessary.

Katji

Major Contributor
Slightly related, to get the most out of my existing hearing I purchased a Propulse II electric earwax irrigator about a decade ago (eBay), and use it a couple of times a year max. It pulses a jet of water that pretty quickly flushes anything out.
I need.
This one? -

1656581519481.png

amazon.co.uk not good. Just one big kit, about 500 pounds incl.shipping and without amazon prepaid import tax and VAT. I'll look at what's available locally - maybe some alternative brand.

Katji

Major Contributor
When exposed to loud sounds or medicines, such as certain chemotherapies and antibiotics, hair cells die. The medication candidate developed by Frequency is intended to be injected into the ear to rebuild these cells inside the cochlea.
uh-oh. My hair grew back quickly after chemotherapy, but maybe not in the ears. It grows more than ever on the outside of the ears. :confused:

dfuller

Major Contributor
That's great news. I always wondered why the hair cell loss could not be reversed. I hope by the time I need it, it will be in the market and common. :)
Ear rogaine???

Anyway, I was under the impression that it wasn't just the hair cells, but also the receptors themselves that were damaged.

Top Bottom