• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Volume Question

Lttlwing16

Forum Donor
I'm working with the following:

Spotify/FLAC listening:

PC USB>Grace SDAC BALANCED Balanced out>THX789 BALANCED OUT>AEON RT -- *789 set at Gain II about 12 o'clock for comfortable listening

Turntable Listening:
Technics SL-23 with AT 3600L RCA out> ART DJ PREII (LF cut/200PF gain set to peak transient red clip) RCA out>THX 789> AEON RT -- *789 vol set to Gain III 1 o'clock

My question is what's the best options to bring up the volume to the 789 from the turntable?

1)I was considering upgrading from the DJ PREII to the Zphono, but not sure this would up the volume to the 789. Seems in amir's review of the two, the Zphono had almost triple the output (at least if I am looking at things correctly!) (DJPREII 306 mVrms/ 36 db :: Zphono 1.1 Vrms/75 db)

2)I have an existing Yamaha MW12 mixer at my desk, which I could bring the PREII into, adjust the volume, then run the out to the 789 (note this would add the ability to output the turntable to my Mackie monitors as well).

3)Or is just compensating the volume with the 789 the best option?

Thanks in advance,

David

OP
Lttlwing16

Lttlwing16

Forum Donor
Personally I'd go with #3 option.

Thanks for the reply. I will likely upgrade to a ATVM95ML and Zphono in the future.

I'd assume the higher output of the Zphono would be audibly louder as well.

Top Bottom