Search results

1. W

Topping PA5 II Stereo Amplifier Review

So timely. I was just about to buy a much more expensive amp to run a pair of M16s. After reading this I ordered a plus and it will match nicely with the E50 DAC which I, coincidentally, bought last weekend. Thanks again Amir. This forum has helped me build an amazing 2 channel system for a tiny...
  2. W

Auditioned Speakers this Week

Interesting experience with the Kanta. I auditioned it last year and came away with the opposite opinion. Your experience of the Kanta matches my experience with the Focal Aria line.
  3. W

Kali IN-UNF - new ultra nearfield speakers

hahaha, flashback. My first set of PC speakers were these Cambridge Soundworks cube speakers and I still use them. They sounded good for the 90s but now I'm not thrilled with the FR and looking for replacement. Best part of these is that the cubes consume so little desk space while the total...
  4. W

Megadeth's new album... sometimes I wish I wasn't an "audiophile"

hahaha, I agree. Sounds like he was trying to be Chris Adler.
  5. W

Revel M16 Speaker Review

I saw this guy's video before I bought my M16s from Crutchfield. I chose the M16 over the Focal 806 which I was planning to buy. All I can say is my experience with the M16 has been wildly different that this guy's. I do agree the Focal 906 and 806 are very nice at low volume but I find the M16...
  6. W

VTA ST-70 Review (Stereo Tube Amplifier)

My guitar would probably sound nice through this thing.
  7. W

Dynaudio Emit M10 Review (bookshelf speaker)

I auditioned these at my local shop because the salesman was raving about them and suggested I get these instead of Focal 806 or 906 which were on the floor. I was not impressed. Moving around to find a sweet spot helped and improved the imaging in the demo track so it was closer to but nowhere...
  8. W

Sound United, B&W, has entered agreement to been sold mid 2022.

No they won't, I can assure you of that.
  9. W

What are we listening to right now..

Also check out King's X which was founded by the same guitarist, Ty Tabor. King's X was a huge influence on that whole 90's rock scene and made drop D tuning cool.
  10. W

The Jelly Jam 2. Great album full of rock with killer grooves.
  11. W

New Billy Talent drop!
  12. W

Genelec G Five

Curious why you are going with Genelecs over passives for your listening room. I am setting up a small listening room and the G Four is on my short list. My reasoning is that I was in the market for Kef R3 or Focal 906 which would then need an amp so looking at $2500-$3000. But the G Four would...
  13. W

Virgil Donati's album Ruination. If you like rock/jazz fusion it's amazing. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLEbBCeYBILojxoLmVnRMcSj2DyJ_p0-Ke
  14. W

Roon Store

Not much up there now, but Roon is now retailing select hardware that are the faves https://store.roonlabs.com/
  15. W

What are the reasons to choose Class A/AB/H over D in this day and age?

Bummed that this thread became about serviceability and reliability.
  16. W

Amplifier Bakeoff: Purifi Eval1, McIntosh MA252 & Benchmark AHB2

Just curious, which vendor's Purifi Eval1 implementation did you use?
  17. W

What was the 1st system that made you go WOW!!!!

Local shop here has a 100% Genelec home theater showcase. Made up of a bunch of those little 80x0 speakers, a 1234A center channel and 7382 subwoofer. It was mind blowing. In the 2 channel showcase room was a pair of speakers about 6 feet tall, each with 5 drivers. Don't remember the...
  18. W

Dynaudio Contour 20

Thanks for the info. Room was pretty big, I'd guess 25-ish feet long and wide. Ceiling was also high, in the 10-12 foot range. Thin carpet on what was probably a concrete floor. Speakers were positioned 3-ish feet from the wall and about 10-12 feet apart. Toed in slightly. I sat pretty far back...
  19. W

Dynaudio Contour 20

I found a screaming deal on the Dynaudio Contour 20s. Brand new for 50% off MSRP. Listened to them for a few minutes in the store and they sounded "detailed" but definitely bright. Anyone have more experience with them and general thoughts?
Top Bottom