Search results

1. M

Cab someone explain what is going on here? Strange room measurements difference

Hi everyone, I'm mystified by the measurements I've added here. Some context: I've had horrible bass response in my room and consulted a professional accoustical firm (that works for studio's, broadcast stations etc) to fix it as much as possible with room treatments. Now, pic 1 & 2 are the...
  2. M

Is my room too square? 26x24

Hi there, Would you consider a 26x22 ft room too square to be good for sound? It’s exact dimensions are (lxwxh) 26’11” x 22’4” x 8’10” or in the metric system 8m22 x 6m82 x 2m70. Although not mathematically square, would you consider this to be too square to avoid sonic havoc? (Not asking for...
  3. M

Will elevating speaker height help countering vertical bass null?

Hi there, Found out I have a huuuge vertical bass null in my room, in all practical seating positions. Is there sny chance of countering it by elevating speaker height, f.i. Wall mounting active monitors? Grts!
  4. M

What is the best way to build a 2 (or 2.1) channel stereo system with dsp room correction

Hi forum members, Moved house and I’ve had it with difficult to position speakers and all that crap. Don’t want my living room to look like a studio full of bass traps, diffusers and all sorts of panels. I want to start over from scratch to build a system for stereo playback of music, with a...
  5. M

Can someone help me understand these measurements of a naim streamer

I came across these Stereophile measurements of a naim Nd5xs2 streamer/dac. https://www.stereophile.com/content/naim-nd5-xs-2-media-player-measurements I’m not a technical person with zero sound or electronics knowledge. So can someone explain what these measurements teach abiut the performance...
Top Bottom