Search results

1. A

Anyone know of a Raspberry Pi player that has bookmarking?

I have a lot of audio dramas and audiobooks, the problem is most players don’t have a bookmarking feature so it’s difficult to resume from where I left off.
  2. A

Seeking Open Source Playback Streaming Solution with Specific Requirements

I’m on the hunt for a playback streaming device or software that aligns with my specific needs, and I could use your expertise in finding the right fit. Here are my requirements: 1. Open Source: I’m looking for a solution that is open source, ensuring transparency and flexibility...
  3. A

How to set a maximum volume limit on the RME ADI-2 FS Version 2?

I’ve tried reading the manual but it’s all too technical for me to understand. I would have asked in the RDE forums but they’re a little hostile. Is there a way to calculate the what the maximum volume should be to protect my hearing? My headphones are the 2021 LCD X’s.
  4. A

Audiophile alternative to Sonos Five

I really like Sonos speakers for their simplicity, especially as an all in one speakers. Are there any more audiophile alternatives for around the same price as a stereo pair of Sonos fives?
  5. A

Headphones without EQ for vinyl listening

Something I did not think about is that I have to use EQ with my Audeze LCD X 2021. This means these headphones won’t be suitable for my vinyl setup. I listen to vinyl when I like to relax. I would love to purchase some headphones that do not sound fatiguing and comfortable wearing wearing for...
  6. A

Recommendations for a headphone amp made in Europe or US.

I would like to purchase a headphone amp to use with a record player. I’ve have bad experiences with chi-fi audio equipment in the past so would like to purchase something made in Europe or US.
  7. A

Subwoofer underneath desk?

My current setup is the RME ADI-2 DAC FS, NAD C298 power amp, LS50 Meta. I would like to add a subwoofer and I was thinking the SVS SB3000. The issue I have is I can only place it under my desk as that’s where my speakers are. Would this be ok?
  8. A

Passive speakers for desk under £2K/$2.8K

I’m looking for some passive speakers to go on my desk that’s 160cm x 80cm. My budget is under £2K/$2.8K.
  9. A

Are there any low priced (under £1000) power amps that measure good?

I’ve been looking through the stereo amp reviews and it seems a lot of them don’t measure great compared to headphone amps and the ones that do are really expensive.
  10. A

Active bookshelf speaker recommendations under £2000.

I’m wanting to get a pair of active bookshelf speakers for my desk. They will be paired with the RME ADI-2 FS DAC. I have a budget of under £2000. Due to the pandemic it won’t be possible for me go and try them so it’s going to be pretty much a blind buy. My favourite headphones are the...
  11. A

What does @2 Vrms IN mean?

I’m looking at some headphone amp spec sheets and they give two types of output power specs with one saying @2 Vrms IN. What does this mean?
  12. A

Looking for amp recommendations under £1000 ($1300)

Hey everyone ☺️ I planned on getting the A90 but due to it having issues with RCA input it’s not going to suitable for me as I’ll be hooking up a DAC to the XLR inputs and a turntable to the RCA inputs. Has anyone got any recommendations for a dedicated amp under £1000 ($1300)?
  13. A

Recommendations under £1000 ($1300)

Hey everyone ☺️ I planned on getting the A90 but due to it having issues with RCA input it’s not going to suitable for me as I’ll be hooking up a DAC to the XLR inputs and a turntable to the RCA inputs. Has anyone got any recommendations for a dedicated amp under £1000 ($1300)?
  14. A

What DAC do you recommend?

Hey everyone ☺ I’m looking for a balanced DAC that is neutral and transparent. My only requirement is that it can do Hi-Res. I have a budget of £500 but preferably something lower than that. The amp that I’m using is a THX AAA 789 if that makes any difference. Thank you Alfie
Top Bottom