• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What DAC do you recommend?

AlfieFroud

Hey everyone ☺
I’m looking for a balanced DAC that is neutral and transparent. My only requirement is that it can do Hi-Res. I have a budget of £500 but preferably something lower than that. The amp that I’m using is a THX AAA 789 if that makes any difference.

Thank you
Alfie

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Hey everyone ☺
I’m looking for a balanced DAC that is neutral and transparent. My only requirement is that it can do Hi-Res. I have a budget of £500 but preferably something lower than that. The amp that I’m using is a THX AAA 789 if that makes any difference.

Thank you
Alfie

SMSL SU8 (has remote)
Soncoz (either model, but more expensive one has remote)
SMSL M500 (has remote, can decode full MQA and has own head amp)

I have all 3 (the cheaper Soncoz) - all work well.

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
Hey everyone ☺

Thank you
Alfie

I have the M500 and like it a lot...
Welcome!

solderdude

Grand Contributor
SMSL SU8 (has remote)
Soncoz (either model, but more expensive one has remote)
SMSL M500 (has remote, can decode full MQA and has own head amp)
Add Schiit Modius if you can live without DSD/MQA etc.

Top Bottom