Search results

1. S

Revel C12 as lcr

Has anyone tried using Revel centers as LCR, I know they would need subwoofer assistance, but would they give you a large listening window/measure well? Thanks
  2. S

Just plain crazy, or crazy like a fox?

Recently I was in the market for a power amp, a/b, class d, 2-5 channels, how much power, discovered they aren't cheap! Then a light came on, how about an older Denon receiver with xt32 and support for the app? Room correction, streaming, pre outs, decent power, and usually pretty well reviewed...
  3. S

Worth fixing? Adcom Gfa-7500 (pics)

Hi guys, I was going to use this old amp for a new setup, decided to take cover off to air dust. Much to my surprise, this is what I found:(. Is it worth fixing? I know next to nothing about these type of issues. Any guidance, opinions, etc would be appreciated. Thanks
  4. S

Emotiva c1+ vs 20 yr old Revel c32

Hi guys, Regardless of fronts, would you prefer the Emotiva or 20 year old Revel in mint condition? Thanks
  5. S

KEF R7 End game for most? Or not

Hi all, A lot of the forum knows KEF is closing out the Rseries for the new metas. I was lucky enough to purchase open box R7 with supposedly minor cosmetic damage for $1000 for the pair. I have until Sunday to pick them up. While I don't actually need another pair of speakers "I'm sure a lot...
  6. S

Sennheiser HD 535

I recently found a pair of Sennheiser HD 535's while rummaging through a box of cables etc. I think I bought them off Ubid 15/20 yrs ago. I cant find much information or eq settings for them. Anyone familiar with them, or know of a model with a possibly similar response. Thanks
  7. S

Kali Audio LP8 v1

Bought these on Stupid deal of the day a month or so ago. Don't know if its from working in a factory for 40 yrs, but I only hear minimal hiss. More than a foot away I don't hear anything. Being 8-10 feet away in a bedroom system, they get plenty loud and sound fabulous! I heard so much about...
  8. S

Samsung adapt sound vs EQ

Has anyone used/compared the two? It would seem adapt sound would be an ideal individual based EQ, since everyones hearing is different. Having Harman/AKG in its portfolio, I wonder what curve, if any, its based on. Thanks
  9. S

Drop/Senn Hd58x vs Hd6xx

With Drop currently running a sale on these, I will be buying one of them. I have read the Hd58x is easier to drive and slightly grainy. Has anybody owned both? If you had to choose, which one? I'm not concerned with easier to drive, and the $50 bucks. Thanks!
  10. S

Vintage receiver repair

Hello Members, Does anyone hailing from Wisconsin know of a trustworthy tech to troubleshoot/fix my vintage receivers? I have a Sony Str-7065a and a Sanyo 2900 I would like to have looked at. I am in southeast Wisconsin, Sheboygan to be exact. Thanks for any and all help.
  11. S

Sennheiser hd-535 Wavelet

I came across my old pair of HD-535's. Does anyone have any experience with these and how do they compare to other more recent Sennheisers? I would like to use autoeq on Wavelet, but being an old model they dont seem to have correction available. Hence my need for something similar. Thanks
  12. S

Denon AVR's Newegg

https://www.newegg.com/denon-avr-x3700h/p/N82E16886747017 If a Newegg gift card could be of use, they have good deals on Denon AVR's.
  13. S

Amir at your door for random ASR system evaluation

Our esteemed ASR leader, Amir, shows up at your door for a random(free of charge)system evaluation. His objective/subjective opinion would be????
  14. S

Harman Avr-75 wont go in standby mode

Hi guys, I use an old Japan made Harman Avr-75 in a secondary system. The other day it would not respond to remote or power on at all, just sat in standby. Somehow I got it to power on with main power button on front panel, thats the only way it will power on/off. All functions seem to work...
  15. S

Allo Boss2

Hi Guys, I am contemplating this well reviewed streamer/dac. As of now my laptop is connected by usb to my dac to utilize Equalizer Apo. I would love to stream with wifi to the Allo. I assume I will lose the Equalizer Apo corrected stream since it will be sent by my router rather than my...
  16. S

Budget subwoofers JBL 550p vs INFINITY R12

These subs are often on sale for 189 vs 169. The JBL is sealed 10 inch, the INFINITY is ported 12 inch. Both 300 watt amp. Has anyone tried either or both and have an opinion on better value? Would a couple of these be better than a SVS if not worried about sub 20 hz? Thanks
  17. S

Infinity Alpha 1200s subwoofer

I saw a listing for this never used subwoofer for $100. I still have and use the previous model, Interlude 120s and am very happy with it. My question is , it was manufactured in 2004. Would I be better off with a Dayton, Monoprice, or Infinity sub onsale at Harman as we speak? It would be used...
  18. S

Equalizer APO/Windows

I have installed and run REW and Equalizer APO using the Julian Krause tutorial as reference. I am very pleased with the results. My question is two parts, 1} does Equalizer APO only equalize the digital stream from my spdif out{computer} to my playback device {avr, speakers}, or anything fed to...
  19. S

REW for speaker placement before equalization?

Hi guys, I am new to this, so I hope this isn't a stupid question. I use my system with several sources, files, bluray, cd. Would it be best using REW measurements to move speakers around my room to find best possible response without APO since I will be using several different sources? Any...
Top Bottom