• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Allo Boss2

stumper3819

Forum Donor
Hi Guys,

I am contemplating this well reviewed streamer/dac. As of now my laptop is connected by usb to my dac to utilize Equalizer Apo. I would love to stream with wifi to the Allo. I assume I will lose the Equalizer Apo corrected stream since it will be sent by my router rather than my laptop. Are my assumptions correct? Any way to stream a corrected file by wifi? Sorry for the newb question, Thanks

cbhere

Forum Donor
I am not sure how it works when connected by UPnP/DLNA but assume the file is streamed from PC to the unit. Another option is that moode audio has its own parametric equalizer so you can utilize that.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
If you use a player like Roon and equalization within, then that works whether you play locally to a DAC or over a network. If you use Equalizer APO, then you are right that it is no longer in the loop when you stream.

Top Bottom