Search results

1. Jdunk54nl

SOLD: Philharmonic Audio "Not so mini" Ceramic Monitor - Piano Black

If anyone is interested in a pair (you will only get 2 of the 4 in the picture below) of rectangular Piano Black New in box Philharmonic "not so mini" ceramic monitors. $750 shipped with the basic insurance that comes with the shipping, you want more insurance then you'd have to pay the cost of...
  2. Jdunk54nl

Need a cheap streamer for outdoor patio speakers

I recently switched my yamaha avr that had zone 2 capabilities to the htp-1 which does not. This leaves me with a need for a cheap music streamer for my outside patio/pool area. It doesn't have to be anything nice and would prefer something less than $100. An Aiyima A07 amp is used to power them...
  3. Jdunk54nl

Dirac vs PEQ

I (and some others) were tuning a friends home theatre yesterday. They use a monolith HTP-1 with Dirac bass control as their normal. All JTR speakers for base level and Revel C763L in ceiling atmos speakers. Measurements were made using REW MMM and pink periodic noise to get spatial averages...
  4. Jdunk54nl

Rockford Fosgate Tour - How a speaker goes from a thought to a final product

This is a cool video that 5 star car audio did at the Rockford Fosgate headquarters in Tempe, Arizona. They go through and interview different people involved with a speaker and amp manufacturing from the initial thought, initial design, stress tests, to the final released product, and finally...
  5. Jdunk54nl

Vote For a Future Engineer Project to get Funded by Sonic Drive In

Mods delete if not allowed Hey Friends, I am a high school physics teacher by day in a 100% free and reduced lunch (mostly free) school district. We build a lot of engineering projects to discuss the physics behind the project as well as give students life skills on how to use different tools...
  6. Jdunk54nl

Single Ended, Balanced, Differential

Hello all. I was asking this question over on a car audio forum as I see this more in car audio, but wasn't getting very many responses that were actually useful and not really backed by great data. Here is the question: Why do amps that have ONLY rca inputs have balanced/differential inputs...
  7. Jdunk54nl

Hearing Protection Measurements

Hey All, I had a brief chat with Amir about testing out some hearing protection on his headphone rig. He showed us that he can measure IEM's now, so hearing protection should be doable as well. He could measure a set of headphones, put in the hearing protection and re-measure to see the...
  8. Jdunk54nl

Open Sound Meter: A RTA/Phase/Magnitude/Coherence and some more Measurement Program

Learned about this today. Seems similar to some of the more expensive measurement programs (smaart, systune) with real time measurements via a loop back reference for Phase, Coherence, Magnitude, etc. Right now this is freeware much like REW. https://opensoundmeter.com/
  9. Jdunk54nl

Making my own RCA -> XLR cables

I need want to make some RCA -> XLR cables. I have some odd lengths that I can't buy and thought this would be fun. I will be using these for my AVR to my Crown amp as well as some active monitors with XLR ins from a dsp with RCA outs. I have read nearly ever post here on this topic and most...
  10. Jdunk54nl

Amp Recommendation Needed

Hello all Looking at getting a different amp for my setup. Here is what I have: 2018 Macbook Pro 15" -> Topping E30 -> Dayton DSP K Kernel board and KE input/output board -> Pioneer VSX-1022 -> Parts Express C notes I also have a polk audio ps110 sub with a dayton 100w rms amp (old amp in that...
  11. Jdunk54nl

Phoenix Area Audio Friends ASSEMBLE!

Hey All, Some phoenix people that are into audio have a meetup the first weekend of every month. We all semi-started with car audio but also very much enjoy home audio. It is a good group that gets into the nitty gritty of audio with how speakers are designed, amp designs, EQ advance work, etc...
  12. Jdunk54nl

REW Pro edition.....

I don't know if anyone saw these or has any experience with it, but it looks like REW is adding multichannel microphone capability. I didn't see any previous thread on this here or over on av nirvana (A VERY small thread on multichannel in August was all I found) Looks like the umik-x...
  13. Jdunk54nl

Decent headphones for a friends son below $200.

One of my good friends son is looking for some headphones since he has gotten into making his own music within the past year. He is actually pretty decent at it too. He wants neutral sounding as best as possible so his mixes get mixed properly. His budget is about $200, but would prefer to stay...
  14. Jdunk54nl

Ceiling mounting bookshelf speakers

Hey All, I am needing to re-position my surround speakers. Unfortunately, they need to be ceiling mounted as no mountable wall is close and within a reasonable distance of the hookups. The speakers are Polk Audio Monitor 40 series 2...
  15. Jdunk54nl

FS: Earthquake Cinenova Grande 5 Channel Amp

Posting this here for Justin Zazzi (with his permission). I know I also haven't been on here for a while, but you can google my username and see I am a member on many sites. You can also ask Erin H about Justin, he will verify Justin is a stand up guy. This will be shipped from around the...
Top Bottom