Search results

1. G

Subwoofer for miniDSP SHD > Neumann KH 120s in small room

I’ve recently purchased Neumann KH 120s to use with a miniDSP SHD. I’m really pleased with the sound. However, I’m wondering if it can be improved even more with a subwoofer. The KH 120s are each sited on bookshelf units in a small (3.5m x 4m) softly furnished, carpeted living room. Listening...
  2. G

Advice needed on buying direct from miniDSP

I’m considering purchasing a miniDSP SHD. The price in the UK is £1,600. If I buy direct from miniDSP, I estimate the total cost including import tax will be around £1,100. A huge saving! Have any members bought a high value item direct from miniDSP, and were there any issues? My main concern...
  3. G

Which Revel Speakers to Choose

Thanks to ASR I decided NOT to upgrade my CCA/Topping D50 to a more expensive streamer. Probably saved anything between £500 - £1000 right there! Again, taking advice on this forum, I’m planning to upgrade my speakers instead. I had considered Revel M16s. However, in the UK there a lot of good...
  4. G

Recommendation for Mobile Music

Don’t see this discussed much on the forum, but here goes. I want to upgrade my music listening experience while commuting, at the gym etc. Currently, I just use a cheap smart phone and cheap in-ear headphones. I listen exclusively to Tidal. So, I’m looking for a new smart phone with good...
  5. G

Is there an audibly better streamer than Chromecast Audio?

This has probably been discussed before, but I haven’t seen a definitive answer. As I understand it, the CCA is bit perfect, with negligible jitter, when connected to a good DAC. So, that suggests there is no other streamer which can provide an audible improvement in sound quality when used...
  6. G

Upgrade To Matrix Audio Element I. Advice needed.

Looking for advice on a possible upgrade to Matrix Audio Element I Current system is: Chromecast Audio > Topping D50 > Naim NAP100 - Dynaudio M10s Only music source is streaming from Tidal or Qubuz. No CDs or local files. I want to get rid of some cables and improve sound quality so I’m...
Top Bottom