Search results

1. ThatM1key

The Current State Of Classic Country on Streaming Services

I noticed that every decade of music (on streaming services) down you go, the less care there is. The less popular genres is basically a even less caring multiplier with decades. In this thread, I wanted to focus on 1970s & below country.The lack of care ranges and varies. The issues are wrong...
  2. ThatM1key

Solved Unsolved And Other Prefix Boxes For Threads

The idea is that its a box with a prefix alongside a title of text. I've seen these on other forums and I think it would suit this website. Real website example: I've made some fake examples:
  3. ThatM1key

Same Car Circuit But Less Watts With A New Amp

More then a year ago I replaced my car factory amp with a Sony XM-GS4 (3 Channel Mode, 2 Front Speakers and 1 Subwoofer) using the factory wires (15 Amp via Fuse). I have 2 power mods that brings my car's running voltage to 15 volts. Despite 3 speakers and an amp sharing only 15 amps worth of...
  4. ThatM1key

Donut Media Civic 1K Sound System

I saw Donut Media released a video about upgrading there $500 Honda Civic with a $1K sound system. The video tries to be a guide but It offers somewhat wrong and missing information although its more of a overview then anything. Honestly this feels like some Best Buy car audio haul setup that...
  5. ThatM1key

Spotify AI DJ Discussion

If your not in the new-new, Spotify DJ is an algorithm that decides what you listen to (via a playlist a mix) with an AI voice. I discovered this feature because of the yearly Wrapped feature but apparently its been around since Feb-2023. For me its glitchy in the form of "exiting and coming...
  6. ThatM1key

How did you discover music?

First off, I do not want this thread to get merged, Anyways. We all listen to music here and we all discover music via many ways. I would like to know from this community is how you discovered the music you love. How I discovered music was mainly from Compilation CDs/Tapes, Pandora...
  7. ThatM1key

RIP Time Life Music

Over the months, I notice the website changing a lot. There latest sets were some rehashes of there older sets but slimed down and others were trying. Eventually the page only listed there toll number and told you that you can find there sets else where but finally there website is blank and...
  8. ThatM1key

HEIC image format upload support

I would like to be able to upload photos using the ".heic" format on this forum.
  9. ThatM1key

Car Audio Amp Mini Nightmare.

So after we put in the Kenwood headunit, the factory amp would always stay on (Via audio sensing) and drain the battery. The old JVC and OEM head-units never caused this problem. So I did a "Factory Amp Delete". I used the factory wiring for power with the new amp (Its temporary) and it...
  10. ThatM1key

Why is it difficult to get CD quality car audio gear?

In the AVR market and Home Audio market, you can easily find and buy almost to complete CD-quality SNR performing products. But in the Car Audio, there's barely any, With car amps, its either clean output (~85db to ~95db) but "alright" watts or lots of watts with poor noise (~65db to ~75db)...
  11. ThatM1key

The future doesn't seem hopeful for us

I feel like the future is just disappointing, like no hope for us. I currently feel like life has 2 stages, Childhood wonder (0-20) and New adult (20-30). A good chunk of this start thread is just whining but innovations & changes are made because of people whining. When my father was a child...
  12. ThatM1key

97-99 Buick Regal Monsoon Amp & Radio Mini Guide

After doing a lot of research. I have created this Mini Guide for 1997-1999 (Potentially newer) Buick Regal owners that have the 8-speaker (Not 6-speaker) Monsoon System. Take everything in this guide with caution and at your own risk. To start off, 8-channel Monsoon amp is placed in the trunk...
  13. ThatM1key

Car Audio Headunit Efficiency: FLAC or WAV

To start off, my question is different from the "FLAC vs WAV" results you find on Google and I couldn't find my answer on there. I understand that WAV and FLAC are losslessly the same. I wanted to know when it comes to car audio head units, which format the radio would like better (efficiency)...
  14. ThatM1key

Has Polk Audio gone made with pricing?

Over the years, I noticed Polk Audio has increased there prices ranging from 1.5x to 2.0x+ (USD). Polk T50 used to sell for ~$75 to $100, now for $200. Polk PSW10 used to sell for ~$100 to ~$130, now $180. I remember when the Polk S20 was priced at $300 and would sometimes go on sale for $250...
  15. ThatM1key

A Simple 200mm Fan Guide

I decided to make this guide for 200mm fans. I haven't seen other guides based on 200mm fans. Current Pricing (USD) Thickness RPM Range Claimed Lifespan (Hours) Claimed Airflow RGB RGB/LED Area PWM Bearing Rated Current *Notes Thermaltake 200mm Pure 20 Series $14 30mm 800 Max RPM 30,000...
  16. ThatM1key

What is up with Amazon Prime estimates these days?

I made this thread to see if others are experiencing this weird problem. I was building my cart (On a Thursday around 12pm) and all the items said I had 6 hours left to order for them to be delivered the next day. 1 hour later I went to check out and the estimates changed so much. Some said...
  17. ThatM1key

HDMI to Optical Blues

It's hard to put this into words. Years ago I was given a Denon DVD-2500BTCI from my father, which before you type, he bought used for dirt cheap. Most of its life in my hands, its been sitting. I would like to use it as a "fancy" CD transport but there's one problem, only HDMI output. I...
  18. ThatM1key

AMD Ryzen 7000 Series Discussion (With X670E Charts)

A thread about AMD's upcoming Ryzen 7000 series. Update: It appears bifurcation is most likely not on a thing with these new X670E motherboards. Boards that feature Dual CPU-linked "x16 slots" can only be set to x8/x8 or forced x8/x4 (Certain Motherboards that feature a 3rd PCIe 5.0 M.2 slot)...
  19. ThatM1key

EAC uses Error Correction on last tracks of my CDs. Bad pressed CDs or Bad setup?

I recently bought some more Eric Records CDs (Brand New) and I noticed some of my CDs rip weird and I always use Secure Mode with EAC. Some of the CDs rip fast, Some take 20 to 40 minutes and Some have to use error correction on the last tracks. It's hard to tell if its the way EAC is setup or...
  20. ThatM1key

SiriusXM (Web Version) Mini Review

I decided to get Sirius XM (Web Version) again. What always attracts me to this service is the radio stations (The Xtra Channels), they have a strong song selection. My father uses Sirius XM in his car, which sounds fine because the alright speakers hide the very terrible quality audio, which...
Top Bottom