Search results

1. Timbo2

Headphone Amp + DAC + EQ shelving

Do you have a 3D printer, roughly 20 hours of machine time and about $15US worth of plastic? If so you might be interested in this. The design came from Thingiverse - https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4602320 . It was designed for IoT devices and home routers and switches and the like. For...
  2. Timbo2

How It’s Made Series: Beats By Dre

In some of the recent reviews here at ASR I've seen lot's blame thrown about at finance people, marketing people and finally engineers. I've always been of the opinion that it's an organization as a whole that's responsible for what it produces. Pointing the finger at just one group usually...
  3. Timbo2

Denon AVR-X3600 Heat and Eco Mode Observations

Given the recent focus on the various Denon AVRs I figured I'd post my research and observations. As I had no need of 8K video and preferred not to be bitten by the multi-channel bug Amir found in the 3700 I recently picked up a 3600. The thing is about 3/4 of an inch taller than my last AVR...
  4. Timbo2

Vantec NBA-200U USB External 7.1 Channel Audio Adapter

I figured I'd post a brief review on the Vantec NBA-200U USB External 7.1 Channel Audio Adapter. I used to use a 2 input KVM to toggle between my gaming PC and my everyday personal machine. Right now my company has all of its employees working from home so I needed a way to add my company...
  5. Timbo2

EVGA is taking on Creative and ASUS with a PCIe sound card

List pricing is USD$250! And for the gamer crowd it naturally has all kinds of LEDs. https://www.evga.com/articles/01281/evga-nu-audio/ Specifications: Audio DSP: XMOS xCORE-200 Native DSD Support (up to x256) Output Configuration: 2 Channel (Analog) 5.1 Channel (Digital via S/PDIF) Dynamic...
  6. Timbo2

JDS Labs - Subjective 3

I figured I'd give my impressions of JDS Labs Subjective 3 - a three band analog EQ housed in an enclosure similar to the O2 headphone amplifier. I listen to multiple sources that don't have EQ - so having an easy way to adjust the sound seemed like it was worth a try. The nice thing with JDS...
  7. Timbo2

Carver Audio from the mid-80s

A friend of mine in high school had the original Carver Receiver. At the time Carver was really an interesting mix of both quite the marketing machine as well as some really interesting approaches to audio. If you're a glutton for punishment below is roughly 3.5 hours of video including...
  8. Timbo2

DIY - Sennheiser 600/650 Cable

I wanted a shorter cable for my Sennheiser 600s. In the process I also wanted to be able to use the balanced output on my Sabaj DA3 DAC. The Sennheisers are nominally 300 ohms so every bit of power helps! I'd read that the stock Sennheiser cable is four conductor and folks converted it to...
  9. Timbo2

Wanted - AVR Recomendations

I actually struggled which forum to put this. The analog portion is important to me as the digital part, but this site makes a distinction between the two! ;-) I have a really tiny listening room and only run a 5.1 setup with small speakers and a single subwoofer. I'm currently using an...
Top Bottom