Search results

1. ABall

Do I have to re run Multi Eq for PC app?

Hi folks, been while..... So i just purchased a Sub and re ran all my MultiEQ settings this afternoon. After been unsatisfied with the results I decided to purchase the MultiEQ for PC, I have been trying to import the .ady file from the phone app but it apears I have to re run the calibration...
  2. ABall

SMSL SU-9 PRO The New King for $499?

Just a heads up, available now. Oh I just noticed they pushed the voltage over 5v so it cant be compared, still looks nice for the money I think, so many DACs to choose from.
  3. ABall

Some help needed understanding MultiEQ measurements

Hi folks, I have some measurements that I would like some help with. I have been reading so much my head is spinning so I am reaching out. I've just installed a Denon x3700 and these are the results of some measurements. The green scale is Pure Direct and the red one is the Stereo mode on the...
  4. ABall

Help needed from Freya+ owners

Hi folks, so I was setting up my speaker levels for my AV amp through my newly acquired Freya+ and came across something odd. While playing the test tone I decided to switch from passive mode to JFET and the volume dropped about 5dB. I thought both the passive mode and buffer mode where both...
  5. ABall

Flea Amp Recommendations

I'm thinking of trying a flea amp for my new speakers and I wondered if theres any that measure well, If not as I think that's probably not even possible are there any members happily running them. At the moment I have my eye on the Spud Amp Kit. Spud Amp Seems a reasonable price. My current...
  6. ABall

I am told my amps wont sound their best on these 98db speakers because they are 250wpc

So I am looking at a change of speakers and I emailed the designer with my room size and amplification but he has recommended a cheaper smaller model, it appears his decision is based somewhat on the grounds that super sensitive speakers work best with low wattage valve amps not hi power amps. I...
  7. ABall

Best setup for Raspberry Pi with LMS and maybe Roon?

Morning folks, I am taking delivery of a Pi4 today and would like some advice, I have never used Roon or Pi. So I would like to use my existing LMS server with my music collection but I would also like to test Roon EQ. I have done a little reading and I think if I understand it correctly I can...
  8. ABall

looking for a transparent preamp

I was wondering if anyone could recommend a transparent Pre available in the UK new or second hand under £1k? At the moment I have a DIY Nelson pass B1 Buffer that has been slightly changed with his help by the DIY Audio members to be DC Coupled, its called a DCB1, funny that..... When I say DIY...
  9. ABall

£300 to spend on a new DAC for chrimbo....

Hi folks, so the wife just told me she wants a new ring for Christmas and its £300, that means I get to choose my own present! Im looking for a new preamp and I have a grand saved up so I thought why not get a DAC while im at it..... Looking at the DAC's in the blue sector I think my choices...
Top Bottom