• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). There are daily reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

SMSL SU-9 PRO The New King for $499?

ABall

Forum Donor
Just a heads up, available now.
sml su9 pro.jpg

Oh I just noticed they pushed the voltage over 5v so it cant be compared, still looks nice for the money I think, so many DACs to choose from.

norcalscott

Forum Donor
This looks solid. I am about as happy with my SU 9 as anything I've ever purchased. I use it for a pre-amp as well as source switcher and it pairs nicely with the balanced AO200. One standout for the SU 9 series is the excellent Bluetooth support - I find overall this DAC is a great value for the money.

OP
ABall

ABall

Forum Donor
With all these DACs lacking features like dsp etc the attractive side is a nice display, my last dac was great but I couldn't read the display from my seat, aprox 3mtrs, this one looks a lot better but I dont know....

okok

12k still got problems, like the first batch of su10, same problem (su10 was fixed with new FW)

they need to fix that

1665857424-12K.jpg

okok

same problem as the su10, and they fixed the su10 with firmware, before and after

1662567235-12K.jpg
1663337040-12K-Fixed.jpg

GPJ

Forum Donor
USB-B ........................ FTW

staticV3 linked Wolf measurements back in October ..... RCA out looks good too ...

Last edited:

Boerd

Forum Donor
Why is it called "Pro"? It has 2 channels, no routing, no DSP, nothing pro about it. Yes it squeezes 1 db more in SINAD with no audible differences. YAWN! And let's not talk about support nor quality...

Last edited:
Reactions: GPJ

GPJ

Forum Donor
I'd expect a "Pro" unit to also have AES, I2S, etc.. .............................. like their $100 cheaper DO200 MKii has.

Last edited:

GPJ

Forum Donor
"Pro" is stuck on everything. It's an indicator that something definitely is NOT professional, if you ask me.

The worst was the Pioneer "Elite" crap made when Sharp took it over. Absolute abominations.

Top Bottom