Search results

1. _thelaughingman

How to incorporate DSP in this system.

Hey all, I have a pretty modest system that I listen to from time to time and have recently discovered a way to perform room measurement (REW+UMik). I would like to implement DSP into the audio chain and couldn't really figure out a solution. Should there be a stand alone DSP unit such as...
  2. _thelaughingman

FS/US: Hifiman Edition XS $200, Hifiman HE4xx $100. (Used)

Selling a pair of headphones from my collection of headphones. These have been gently used and have had minimal use, there is wear and tear on both. Hifiman Edition XS $200. Owned them for about a year and these aren't my favorite anymore due to the fact that I wear glasses and the egg shaped...
  3. _thelaughingman

Looking for new stereo amp to replace Denon PMA600NE, budget $500.

Looking to replace my Denon PMA-600NE that I've had for few years, Denon does great with my old cobbled together setup of 70's RTR speakers, SVS sub and a LP-60. I've done some research around and class D option's like SMSL AL200 seem appealing but they don't have good connectivity options. Any...
  4. _thelaughingman

Turntable upgrade question

Good morning, I have an Audio Technica LP60 that I've had for the past five years and finally want to upgrade to a new forever turntable. My budget is $500 and I've been looking at Fluance RT85 and Pro-ject Debut series, but not sure which one of the two would be a better deal. Any other...
  5. _thelaughingman

FS: Vintage Technics all in one Class A home stereo System.($300) Local pickup in Cleveland,OH

Technics SU-X830 integrated Class A amplifier 60W/channel Technics Cassette Deck Technics SL-PJ25 Cd player Technics SH-E50 23 band Stereo graphic Equalizer Technics ST-X830L stereo tuner Selling the above mentioned separates, which are part of a single stereo system. Does not have or include...
  6. _thelaughingman

FS: Hifiman HE400se & Sennheiser HD560s

Selling my used pair of Hifiman HE400se and Sennheiser HD560s. Both of these have been used in a gentle manner but they do have signs of wear. I do not have the original box or packaging for either of the headphones, but they’ll be shipped properly in a box and wrapped to prevent damage. I am...
  7. _thelaughingman

Headphone upgrade for $500

Hey all, I have the urge to splurge for an end all headphone at $500 or below price range. I currently own the Hifiman He400se and Sennheiser HD560s. Both are great headphones and I got them to mod and tinker with. The end all headphones are solely for purpose of listening with my desktop setup...
  8. _thelaughingman

Do expensive headphones sound better?

Here's a conundrum that many hobbyists are faced with, and this took me down a rabbit hole of discussion. Is there any justification in purchasing headphones above $200? When any and all headphones are equalized to a target curve. I know there are many within the hobby that are naysayers on EQ...
  9. _thelaughingman

Antique place find. Pioneer VSX-D906S

Found this AVR from Pioneer at the local antique shop for $50. It was acquired by the antique store from an estate cleanout. 100wx5 Channels is the rated output on this thing, Including five DSP modes, DOLBY and other features. This thing is about 40lbs and has a hefty power supply and puts out...
  10. _thelaughingman

FS: Sabaj A10h headphone amp. (Delisted)

Selling a used Sabaj A10h in excellent condition. I've had it for about six months and has very minimal wear on the case. Moved up to a different headphone amp with more power to drive my inefficient Hifiman planars. Asking $100 shipped to CONUS via PayPal or Venmo.
  11. _thelaughingman

Static Electricity strikes again.

This happened today. Wife got off the couch to hand me her cellphone and there was a direct transfer of static off of her fingers through the phone, I was wearing my Hifiman HE400 which made a loud crackle noise when the transfer happened. I have zero idea if I should play music through them to...
  12. _thelaughingman

New Rode NTH-100 headphones.

Rode, a company that produces interface devices for podcasters, has announced the new NTH-100 designed for studio monitoring. For $149 with a response of 5hz to 35khz with matched drivers and Alcántara ear pads. They have lots of marketing lingo to make them look and sound like the next big...
  13. _thelaughingman

CLOSEd:SVS PB-1000 Pro Subwoofer

Selling a SVS PB-1000 Pro subwoofer that I've owned for about six months and used it sparingly. Looking to move down to a micro subwoofer since the PB-1000 is a bit too big for the room. Subwoofer comes with original box and packaging. Asking for $500 + shipping fees to CONUS. I'll cover the...
  14. _thelaughingman

Show us your Mechanical Keyboards and Mods.

As the title states, post pics of your mechanical keyboards, key caps and mods that you've performed. Just purchased this Keychron K4 v2 with gateron reds. Ordered custom key caps from WASD keyboards, installing O rings this week and sound foam under the PCB.
  15. _thelaughingman

Hifiman HE400se Owner's Thread.

Hey all, I created this thread to have all the owners and members have a place to discuss these headphones without creating more discussion threads within the official review. Please feel free to post any questions and concerns that you may have regarding these headphones in this thread. ASR...
  16. _thelaughingman

"You can See how headphones sound"

Crinacle uploaded a good infotorial video on how to read graphs on six basic levels when it comes to “seeing how headphones sound”, based on graphs. It's a good, dumbed down version of explaining the various nuances and subtleties in headphone measurements and graphs.
  17. _thelaughingman

FS: Sennheiser HD560s

Selling a pair of the recently reviewed Sennheiser HD560s that I've owned and used for less than 2 months, includes an aftermarket cable that was purchased for them. Asking $150 which includes shipping for these to CONUS, via PayPal or Venmo.
  18. _thelaughingman

Post photo of your desktop setup

Post your desktop setup with a photo. You can choose to describe your gear or let the members guess it.
  19. _thelaughingman

Does Dynamic processing improve sound after EQ?

I use Sound Source on macOS to EQ my headphones and have the ability to use Apple' AU Dynamic Processor, which is a software based processor. I was curious to understand if there would be any benefits in using it with headphone EQ? Assuming there would be no real benefit to the FR of the headphones?
  20. _thelaughingman

Must read coffee table book for an audiophile

This is a comprehensive history of all things Hi-Fi with good bit of gear over the years.
Top Bottom