Search results

1. sejarzo

Convolver component for Foobar2000 now available for 64 bit v2.1.2

Thought I should post it here that "Case" over on hydrogenaudio has graciously provided an updated 64 bit version which to date had not been available. Apparently the original Convolver component invoked an obsolete 32 bit Intel library so it was not just a question of recompiling but also new...
  2. sejarzo

Upgrade to Foobar2000 64 bit--no 64 bit plugin equivalent to old Convolver?

I have used Foobar2000 for many years and have little reason to change. In fact, if I were to change, I would need something that has the simplicity of Columns UI because I have some vision impairment and I've spent a long time refining my implementation of it. Currently running v1.6.14, 32 bit...
  3. sejarzo

SOLD: AKG K371

Time to pass these along to someone else who will use them. Second owner of the HD 6XX, used briefly before I got a crazy deal on some Dan Clarks, in great condition. I do not have the original box. The original cable and 6.3mm adapter will be included along with a Venus Audio braided 1 meter...
  4. sejarzo

Hsu Research VTF-3R with updated Mk3 plate amp

I bought this sub to go along with the Paradigm 40v3s listed separately as it outperformed the Paradigm. It's in real rosewood veneer with piano black top. There are a few scratches in the top, nothing out of the ordinary for that finish and age of the unit. The original plate amp was 250w, and...
  5. sejarzo

SOLD: Paradigm 40v3s in Rosenut with J23 stands, local sale preferred

Paradigm Studio 40v3 in rosenut vinyl in excellent condition in NW Indiana, 35 miles SE of downtown Chicago. Great speakers, well reviewed in their time and still an excellent performer. I am the original owner since new in 2004. Downsizing soon, and there will be no room for these in our next...
  6. sejarzo

YouTube video "The shocking SOUND DIFFERENCE Between Speaker Stands"

I used Google to find 32 inch high speaker stands the other day, so I believe that's why YouTube suggested this video for me. All in all, I'm not surprised that speaker stands that are acoustically dead show fewer resonances when subjected to frequency sweeps--would anybody not expect that...
  7. sejarzo

Owens Corning 705, 2'x4'x2", unfaced, box of 5 panels for DIY absorbers

After reading through a discussion of room treatment here I recalled that I had an extra sealed carton of these in our crawlspace that have sat unused for years after completing my DIY absorbers. Local pickup in NW Indiana only, unfortunately. I ordered them through a local HVAC/insulation...
  8. sejarzo

Bob James' "Feel Like Making LIVE!" in HPL Binaural format

Found this on the HD Tracks link and gave it a listen: https://www.hdtracks.com/#/album/61c34c2d90b0e8501255f93b HPL Binaural is a technology developed by NovoNotes, a Japanese firm to produce binaural-ish(?) content from non-binaural sources. Per their site: HPL®︎ is a professional binaural...
  9. sejarzo

Anybody ever auditioned monitors at Sweetwater in Fort Wayne?

I've been thinking about making the 2 hour plus drive over there if I could quickly audition a variety of monitors. Their website, like a lot of big instrument vendors, shows rooms dedicated to guitars, saxes, drums, etc. but I didn't see one showing sales rooms focused on recording gear, other...
  10. sejarzo

FS: Schiit Magni Heresy (original 2019 vintage) $65 shipped

Bought it lightly used in January 2020 via head-fi and no longer need it after it sat for months. Works just fine, slight noise when adjusting the volume pot in the 2 o'clock to max range when I tested it today with HD6XX on high gain, just as it always did and was typical of this model. Will...
  11. sejarzo

SOLD: Paradigm CC-470 v.3 Center Channel in Rosenut $300 plus shipping--possibly w/40 v.3s & J-23 stands

Beautiful Paradigm CC-470 v.3 center channel speaker in rosenut finish. New in 2004 and rarely used. Includes the original packaging, feet and associated hardware, which were never used. I'm downsizing to 2 channel audio only in advance of moving to a smaller home. Includes an 8 foot Canare...
  12. sejarzo

SOLD miniDSP DDRC-24, wall wart, USB cable, and remote...$325 plus shipping

Purchased used in 2020 via usaudiomart from a fellow who upgraded to an SHD. My intended use was the same abandoned project for which I bought the Emotiva PA-1s I just listed. First owner lost the remote, so I bought a new one from Deer Creek. Completely functional--I downloaded the most recent...
  13. sejarzo

SOLD: Emotiva PA-1, pair, as new...$400 plus shipping

Bought these in early 2020 for a project that ain't gonna happen now that we plan to downsize. I ran them for perhaps 20 hours at most and they are in perfect working and cosmetic condition. Will be packed in the original boxes as supplied, including the RCA-to-TS adapter and power cord (which...
  14. sejarzo

Trying to simulate presence of body at listening position for measurements

My apologies if this has been thrashed out elsewhere. I have seen various opinions on mic measurement angle, and most tend to lean toward 90 degrees. I thought that might also help with the fact that there is obviously a body at the main listening position when the system is actually playing...
  15. sejarzo

Sub crossover frequency vs. room nodes

Curious if anyone has faced this same issue and has any advice... I have a basement room that's unfortunately exactly 7 feet high and exactly 21 feet deep, with a post nearly in the middle that puts the only reasonable listening position dead center. Those dimensions create a very strong mode...
  16. sejarzo

HD600 vs HD650

Per mod's request to start a new thread on the topic, separate from the HD600 review thread... My first foray into high-end phones was a brand new pair of "original blue" HD600s, purchased in January 2006. For the next few years, I attended a number of Head-fi meets in the Chicago area that...
  17. sejarzo

SOLD: Topping D30

Purchased here several years ago when a member was selling it to donate the net proceeds to the forum. I will do the same if you meet my asking price of $65 via PayPal, shipped USPS Priority. US buyers only!
  18. sejarzo

Sold: SMSL SU-8 V2 (unit "B")

Bought one when I intended to use software DRC, then a second one for a potential balanced headphone rig. Going with hardware DRC and unbalanced headphone amp, so both need to go. This one is $165 via PayPal, shipped USPS Priority Medium Box within the US. I received this one in a larger...
  19. sejarzo

SOLD: SMSL SU-8 v2

Bought one when I intended to use software DRC, then a second one for a potential balanced headphone rig. Going with hardware DRC and unbalanced headphone amp, so both need to go...one already did. This one is reduced to $165 via PayPal, shipped USPS Priority within the US. I am the second...
  20. sejarzo

Windows 10 20H2: new issues with USB latency never experienced before

For years, I have run Foobar2000 using a variety of USB DACs on my HP Z220 desktop with essentially no problems whatsoever. My current configuration is Foobar2000/WASAPI event>SMSL SU-8v2>Magni Heresy. I wanted extra USB3.0 ports on that machine, so it has a PCI-E add-in card for those to go...
Top Bottom