Search results

1. shal

Power need on amplifier, tested with own music track

Hello My system have a lot of headroom , I guess... Imagine : a 93db speakers with 240w/8Ohm amplifier (at 0.01% !) Totaly overkill for standard home... And yes in 99% of time my amplifer (that have meters) show that I never reach the 1W level (Yes, your read well, the 1W level, it's...
  2. shal

tv screen, audio and subjectivity

Hi, Today , I have my first big screen in my life (a 4K / 65inch) but it's not the important point. The speakers and audio system is exactly the same (my main speaker, my power amplifier , my DAC and my Linux PC as source). With this news screen , the audio of movie or series is very better...
  3. shal

Simple methodology for dummies to measure power needed ?

Hi, I found that it is difficult to know how many watt of power I have need for my setup. I try to image a simple method to measure it. For me standard methods are weak to have good confidence : - by computing: my speaker are 93db (really?) I want to listen at max at 90db(perhaps) but I have...
  4. shal

Hypex UcD700HgxHr questions

Hi I am considering use Hypex UcD700HgxHr. But it's hard to find measurement , the only one I found is in the Hypex document but it's only THD (and no THD+N) and only at 1khz. Do you know measurement of ampli that used this module ? Ok it is now quite old, but the difference with and purifi is...
  5. shal

Daft Punk epilogue

Sad, sad.....
  6. shal

Difference of output levels

Hi, Just one question . When I read measurement of a Dac , for example : ent I read THD+N is 0.000090 ! yes four 0 after the 0. ! very very very good. But ch1 level is 4.038 and ch2 is 4.013 :oops: So a difference of 0.6 % ..... Can we talk about an error of 0.6% in this DAC ? Why this...
  7. shal

Some measurement Edirol UA1000

Hi, Yesterday I do measurement of my Lavry DA11 : https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/try-measurement-of-a-lavry-da11-with-sound-devices-mixpre10ii.13015/ Today, I perform measurement of my old Edirol UA1000 : This interface is the first USB 2.0 audio interface in...
  8. shal

[Try] measurement of a Lavry DA11 with Sound Devices MixPre10ii

Hi, Just for fun, I try to measure the quality of my DAC with my Field recorder Sound Devices mixpre10 ii First item : Lavry DA11 It's a DAC build by Dan Lavry , quite old (2009) USB, optical, spdif input, XLR (balanced or unbalanced) output, headphone...
  9. shal

Big woofer and amplifier power

Hello, There is an ancient law : "if you have a big woofer with heavy membrane, you should have a lot of power" I want to discuss the validity of the sentence (or partial or not at all or reword with moderner concept). By instance : my setup : JBL 4430 with 2235H woofer (15 inchs, effective...
  10. shal

Advice to usb to optical SPDIF converter

Hello, I have need for a sub to SPDIF converter and more particularly optical SPDIF. On ebay for 34€ I can get this kind of converter : https://www.ebay.com/c/591766601 Based on xmos xu208. With a good DAC , even a average spdif source can be used,right ? It's why there is no tests about this...
  11. shal

Search idea for a good balanced USB DAC

Hello, I am researching a new DAC for replacing my venerable old Edirol UA1000 (date : 2004). I have not found my desired DAC because I have some constraints: - USB input at least (network also is a good point) - Linux compatible , no need of driver - Balanced DAC with a least 4V (it's for...
Top Bottom