• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Hypex UcD700HgxHr questions

shal

Hi
I am considering use Hypex UcD700HgxHr.
But it's hard to find measurement , the only one I found is in the Hypex document but it's only THD (and no THD+N) and only at 1khz.
Do you know measurement of ampli that used this module ?

Ok it is now quite old, but the difference with and purifi is audible ? Thd < 0.02% is pretty good and perhaps enough

My purpose is to set two modules in a old Crest FA901. The power provides a +-82V that match udC700 needs (85V (in 75-96V range))
Do you think that I can achieve a very good amplifier with this way ?

Thx

deercreekaudio

Dealer
This is a distortion measurement of the new Hypex UcD700 DIY amplifier kit which features the UcD700HG amplifier module, HxR voltage regulators, and SMPS1200A700 power supply. This was made at 1 watt into 8 ohms. Let us know and we can post more measurements different frequencies and power levels.

UcD700 Spectrum.jpg

You mentioned using the Crest FA901 as a power supply, keep in mind the UcD700 can deliver 1200 Watts rms into 2Ω, so you will need to the consider the power supplies current capacity as well. Finally, be sure the Crest FA90's pre-regulation specifications will be sufficient for the excellent Hypex HxR voltage regulators.
Hypex UcD700 top side view.jpg

Deer Creek Audio is an authorized Hypex dealer

Last edited:
Top Bottom