Search results

1. E

[Sold]: Sennheiser HD800S (Perfect Condition)

[Sold] Asking $1000 USD + buyer pays shipping. These are still the best (and most comfortable) open back headphones I’ve ever heard, especially with DSP filters applied as posted on the HD800S review thread. I just don’t really get a chance to use them much. Headphones are still in perfect...
  2. E

Neumann KH420 vs Revel PerformaBe F228be or F328be

I know, another useless hypothetical speaker comparison thread :) However, I think this comparison is really interesting because the Revel F228be and Neumann KH420 are very similar in price, seem to have very similar woofer displacement volume, and both seem to measure extremely well (though we...
  3. E

Sold: Revel Salon2 (Mahogany) - New York City Area (Local Pickup)

Currently downsized into an apartment (and will probably be moving around a bit for a few years before settling back into a house), so am selling these for logistical reasons (and will later in life buy Revel's latest flagship towers, whenever that time comes). They're in great shape, no damage...
  4. E

Canceled / Decided to keep

Edit: Changed my mind, I will keep the Salon2’s, even if it means storing them in their boxes for a while until moving logistics are settled.
  5. E

"Home Theater" Speakers

I'm wondering if there's any science/objectivist favorites for good price/performance home theater oriented speakers. Of course, a full set of excellent monitors like Genelecs/Neumanns would probably be 'best', but also would get extremely expensive for multichannel. A few passive brands I've...
  6. E

Floor choice for best acoustics: Carpet or Wood?

Will be remodeling a 14x22x10 foot room, and need to choose what kind of floor to install: carpet, or wood (most likely a high quality synthetic vinyl plank for better durability). For aesthetic and practical reasons, I prefer the synthetic vinyl “wood”. But acoustically, is carpet better? Is...
  7. E

Revel Salon2 vs Genelec 8351B - Blind Test Preparations

I am going to be doing a controlled blind test of these speakers soon. Opinions on best test procedure are welcome. Edit: It seems there is nothing remotely approaching consensus here on what is even an “acceptable” test procedure in this thread so far. I’ve canceled any plans of doing a test in...
  8. E

VTV Amplifier - Terrible Quality Build and Customer Service

I thought some of you considering VTV amplifier would want to know this before you buy. I ended up ordering amps from both VTV and March Audio, since I’ll have two pairs of speakers I can power with upgraded amps. In short, the March Audio amps are built to perfection, as far as I can tell...
  9. E

(Delete)

10. E

Amp features that protect your speakers from damage.

While researching pros and cons of various amps, some really impressive protection features of the Benchmark AHB2 come up: it has a THD detector internally used to detect clipping so it will shut down immediately as necessary to prevent burning out your tweeters. It also has extensive...
  11. E

Sold: Neumann KH310A Pair

Sold.
  12. E

HypeX/PuriFi amplifier products available in the USA?

Apologies if this topic has been rehashed before, but I didn't find any specific threads with this topic as far as I can know (though some discussion in comments here and there). It looks like most HypeX/PuriFi amp products of reasonable performance and price are located outside the US. Is...
  13. E

Blind Listening Test Results (N=4) : Revel F206 vs Ascend Sierra RAAL Towers

Intro & Methodology: This weekend, I finally got around to doing a proper blind listening test between the following two tower speakers: Revel Performa3 F206 Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers with optional RAAL tweeter Methodology is same as before with my KEF R3 vs Ascend Sierra 2EX blind test...
  14. E

Revel F328be

Edit: A while after this post, we now do have an ASR review of the F328Be here with Klippel data! I’m surprised there seems to be so little data / impressions circulating around for these speakers, since they appear to be out now, and Revel advocates never seem to be in short supply around...
  15. E

HDMI ARC + Network Music Streamer for Active Speakers?

Does anyone here have recommendations for a good solution here to hook up active speakers to a TV via HDMI ARC and also use for streaming music? My current Sonos Amp does this perfectly with my passive speakers, but I am moving more towards active speakers (e.g. I much prefer my Neumann KH310...
  16. E

FS: Revel F206 Pair

Edit: Sale canceled, I sold enough speakers for now that I no longer have an excess.
  17. E

Near-field room correction measurements: With or without chair? Occupied or not?

I've never seen this question addressed anywhere, so forgive me if it's redundant. I'm trying to determine how my room should be configured when I'm making room correction measurements for my home office setup (in a small room, with speakers positioned for relatively near-field listening). For...
  18. E

Seeking recommendations: Best active speakers for $10k/pair? (Would also be offered for measurement.)

If I were to hypothetically buy the best pair of speakers for $10k/pair, what would you recommend? If I did, I certainly would offer them to be loaned for measurement here if Amir wanted to measure them. The top two I’m eyeing are the Neumann KH420, and Genelec 8361A. These both seem to have...
  19. E

In-room Measurements (REW): Ascend RAAL Sierra Towers, Horizon, 2EX, and Revel F206

Just completed a full set of in-room measurements in 6 listening positions (individually) for each of these speakers, with independent measurement sets for each individual speaker (left vs right). Speakers measured are: Ascend Sierra Towers (RAAL) - Stereo Pair Ascend Sierra Horizon (RAAL) -...
  20. E

[Cross-Post]: KEF R3 vs Ascend Sierra 2EX - Blind Listening Results

Note: This is a cross-post from my initial results thread posted here. I figure due to the emphasis of these forums, if anything it's even more applicable/appropriate content for this forum. I didn't see any rules disallowing cross-posting like this, but if there are just let me know and I can...
Top Bottom