• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Sold: Neumann KH310A Pair

echopraxia

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Sold.

Last edited:

Habu

Hello from France

It would be nice if Amirm could make a review of these KH310A, your are both in Seattle area!

Sincerely yours

Habu

Last edited:
OP
E

echopraxia

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hello from France

It would be nice if Amirm could make a review of these KH310A, your are both in Seattle area!

Sincerely yours

Habu
Absolutely would be happy to loan these out. Amir is aware that he’s welcome to test any of my speakers whenever he wants. It’s up to Amir though to choose when and what he wants to test next, so I won’t push the issue :)

Personally, I think it would be most interesting to measure the Ascend Sierra RAAL Towers.

Habu

Stuff needs to get reviewed at some point. In addition, my back is hurting so I opted for a lighter, smaller speaker to test. :)

Neumann KH310A are lighter ;)

Last edited:
OP
E

echopraxia

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Neumann KH310A are lighter ;)
It certainly is easier to carry around than most towers, but I will say it is quite dense. Probability all those class AB amps they use for some reason.

Anyways, I totally understand Amir’s position — he has a long list of speakers to get to. I don’t really care which he reviews first, I’m just happy to see the audiophile world now having access to such unprecedented quality of measurements :)

Habu

FDA6E6C1-E2EC-4D05-84EC-374F3B32652F.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
E

echopraxia

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
For fun I hooked these up to the TV setup, where I have two Rythmik F18s. Turning on and off the subs, I could barely tell a difference while listening to music, aside from the very deep bass (10-30hz).

I also tried turning the volume up with just the KH310s and no subs, and reached 100db on my SPL meter (C-weighted)! This is at a distance of 15 feet or so! I’m sure they won’t shake the couch like the Rythmiks will, but wow these are some incredible speakers for their size.

The bass from these relatively compact speakers really is astonishing, especially when you’re used to passives with much less flat bass response. I can’t wait to get the stands in for my Genelecs that replaced these so I can do some SPL and other tests in this room as well.

79E56F27-F77F-4262-88B9-424F3240D0CE.jpeg

(Please ignore the ugly torn up wallpaper; incremental remodel in progress.)

OP
E

echopraxia

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
+10! Already waiting too long for a review of the KH310!
It certainly would be interesting. Can’t hurt to ping him with your “vote” I suppose.

Last edited:

hardisj

Major Contributor
Reviewer
If Amir has too much on his plate and we can get some donations to cover shipping costs, I’d be happy to test them. I am in Alabama. Just throwing it out there.

OP
E

echopraxia

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Still available?
Just updated the listing, sorry about that. Strange since I was sure I updated it already, but I guess not.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
+10! Already waiting too long for a review of the KH310!
Just in case the news has not gotten around, Neumann has been kind enough to send in a KH 310 for review. It is waiting its turn to be tested. :)

ehabheikal

For fun I hooked these up to the TV setup, where I have two Rythmik F18s. Turning on and off the subs, I could barely tell a difference while listening to music, aside from the very deep bass (10-30hz).

I also tried turning the volume up with just the KH310s and no subs, and reached 100db on my SPL meter (C-weighted)! This is at a distance of 15 feet or so! I’m sure they won’t shake the couch like the Rythmiks will, but wow these are some incredible speakers for their size.

The bass from these relatively compact speakers really is astonishing, especially when you’re used to passives with much less flat bass response. I can’t wait to get the stands in for my Genelecs that replaced these so I can do some SPL and other tests in this room as well.

View attachment 70769
(Please ignore the ugly torn up wallpaper; incremental remodel in progress.)

Do these sound ant worse vertical?

Top Bottom