Search results

1. P

NAD D3045 makes Popping noises at higher sample rates.

I bought a NAD d3045 used and it seems to work find overall. However when I set the sample rate above 96000hz (192000 or 384000hz) at 24 bit or 16 bit there is audible crackles and pops coming from my music, games or youtube videos I tried. 96000hz or lower it goes away. I am sure there is no...
  2. P

Synthesis Roma 54DC+

Is anyone familliar with the Synthesis Roma 54 DC+ I have seen one come up locally but it's not a common amp I have seen in North America, or on many reviews in English. http://synthesis.co.it/product.php?id=5
  3. P

Floorstanding Speakers nearfield

Has anyone tried using tower speakers in a nearfield to midfield setup. I’d like to not have speakers on my desk in my office. I know I could go with various mount options from the wall or stands but I’m wondering if just getting some floor standing speakers would be an option. My room is 13’ x...
  4. P

Dac/HP Amp Combo that mutes Headphones

Hi All, I am looking for a DAC/HP amp combo that can also have XLR out to active speakers. I would really like it to cut the HP signal when I switch to XLR output when using the speakers. I thought the Schiit Jotunheim 2 did this but that is not the case (the HP still have sound). I had this...
  5. P

Active Speakers with 2 Pin IEC

Hi everyone, Not really sure if this is something to worry about but I noticed 2 speakers I am interested in (Elac Navis & Acoustic Energy AE1 Active) only have a 2 pin IEC. The other 2 I demo'd today in person (Adam A5x and T7V) had a 3 pin IEC. Is there any issue with this really, I am sure...
  6. P

Wireless Active Speakers and Routers

I have been thinking of going to a wireless active speaker option with either the Dali Oberon, Dynaudio Xeo or Buchardt A500. My concern is my wireless router is going to have to be pretty close to where the sound hubs would be located. I’ve been told to keep it at least 10 feet away but I can...
  7. P

Active Elac Navis vs Passive for Mixed Usage

I am trying to make a final decision on using either active speaker or passive for a nearfield/ Fairfield setup. I’m driving my partner nuts with being indecisive and it needs to end. I got moved downstairs with kids getting older to a 12x36’ room on 5’ desk about 10” from back wall. Anyways I...
  8. P

Passive Speaker have hissing and pop/thumping from Amp

I recently bought a Quad Vena II amp and had quite enjoyed it so far. When I got it I did not hear anything from the speakers when no music was playing, it was dead silent. A couple days ago I noticed I was hearing what I would describe as a helicopter thumping in the distance when I was near...
  9. P

Quad Vena II Amp or NAD D3045

I am in the market for a smallish amp and either the Quad Vena II or NAD D3045 fit the size of area I have to put it and have the features I am looking for (as well as fit my budget). I have found a few reviews on both but not a whole lot of actual testing. I did see a link here to the NAD...
  10. P

Subwoofer very loud and boomy on Airplay from Amp

I have a Yamaha WXA-50 Amp with a Martin Logan Dynamo 800x sub connected to the aux out connection which lets me EQ and run ARC on the sub from the Martin Logan Subwoofer App. When I play music from my PC through a JDS Labs Element II that goes into the AUX IN on the amp everything sounds great...
  11. P

Martin Logan Dynamo 800x Room Correction vs Rel T5i High Level Input

I am trying to decide on these 2 subs but I can’t go in and try them out, I don’t really want to have to return one either. I more interested on some feedback on the Martin Logan subs app customization vs REL using a high level input. My partner wants less boomy bass then I previously had with...
  12. P

Bluetooth and DAC chip

Hi all, I couldn’t find this when I searched the forums. My basic question is when you have a DAC that has the ability to transmit via Bluetooth, say a topping D90. Is it using the AKM 4499 chip still when playing to a Bluetooth device like a Wireless headphone or is that only when using a wired...
  13. P

Apple Lossless with wireless headphones

This might be a dumb question, but some of my iTunes library is in Apple Lossless format. If I am looking at various wireless headphones B&W PX7, Sony WH1000XM3 or Sennheiser PXC 550. I see most of these support AAC but do they also support playing the lossless format? I know it probably isn't...
  14. P

Question about Toslink and a couple DACs

I have a question about using Toslink. I currently have a set of Vanatoo Transparent 0 connected through the Toslink optical in on the speakers to my computer running a Creative Labs AE-5 through it's Optical Out port. I always just assumed it was using the DAC built into the soundcard, but...
Top Bottom