Search results for query: MQA

1. T

Question - Tidal MQA quality without an MQA-capable DAC

Hello, Recently, I upgraded from a Fiio BTR15 with an MQA renderer to a Fiio K7 without the MQA renderer. My daily driver is a Hifiman Ananda Nano, and the 2W power output from the K7 seems to drive the planar magnetic headphone better than the BTR15 (it could be a placebo effect, but it does...
  2. gasolin75

Cheap soundcard,dac that supports 24 bit 192khz and MQA

...24 bit and up to 192khz It just don't support MGA and with latest tidal you get max sound quality no matter what subscription you choose(max, MQA as long as the songs,record support that) So why not get that, to hear music at highest quality including MQA (regardless of what people think of...
  3. R

SMSL T2 MQA CD Transport from the VMV series new at the High End trade fair

SMSL has quietly presented its new T2 MQA CD Transport from the VMV series at the High End trade fair in Munich. Price about 1000 $/€ or more...
  4. Steve H

MQA Update

Time for an update. Lenbrook bought the MQA IP for $75k, The SCL6 IP for $25k and equipment for $25k. From the Administrator’s Progress Report with Pounds converted to dollars. Block Inc has put a hard cap on employees at 12,000 in their latest earnings letter. They currently have about 13,000...
  5. M

My mysterious MQA misery

So Tidal offers Low, High, and "Max" quality now ("Max" instead of HiFi I think...) Sometimes "Max" ends up being stored and sent by Tidal as MQA, and sometimes, FLAC (usually 24/96 FLAC, iirc). None of my DACs support MQA - Topping G5, Topping DX1, RME Babyface Pro, Arcam rDac. I thought my...
  6. S

Still "MQA"

Why is that the recently released DAC's still carry the " Futile, Pointless Bag - MQA " For example : https://shenzhenaudio.com/collections/dac/products/s-m-s-l-su9-ultra-ak4191-ak4499ex-digital-to-analog-convertor-dac?_pos=3&_fid=f56cc206a&_ss=c
  7. R

Topping E30 II DAC Review

The SMSL PO100 Pro MQA USB Interface is just an MQA core decoder with which the first stage of the MQA file is unfolded. You can tell this if a 44.1 kHz or 48 kHz MQA file is output on your DAC at 88.2 kHz or 96 kHz and the MQA LED on the SMSL PO100 Pro is on. The DAC doesn't matter, it just has...
  8. S

Topping LA90 Review (Integrated Amplifier)

...problem: LA90SE autonomously and independently responds to commands in the file and switches itself to execution (execution the filters?) the MQA. (Note, Even decoding the MQA with an application does not prevent D90SE from seeing that it is receiving an MQA file). Yesterday for the first...
  9. G

Is MQA just on tidal……it seems not.

I thought only Tidal has MQA. I only have Qobuz, so imagine my surprise when I saw the MQA indicator on my DAC lit. I was playing this album Dominique Fils-Aime. Stay Tuned http://open.qobuz.com/album/ynexny78by8uc This album is marked as ’Hi Res: 24bit. 44.1 khz’. When I play it My WiiM...
  10. Mulder

Lenbrooke acquires MQA

...Corp., a diversified, privately-owned Canadian enterprise with activities in brand development, technology, and distribution in both residential and commercial audio and the communication sectors, has acquired the assets of MQA, a UK-based industry leader in high-resolution audio encoding.”
  11. Graham849

SMSL DO100 PRO - HDMI ARC DAC

Why "Supports MQA decoding and MQA-CD’ ! Non MQA compliance is why I like original.
  12. Nutul

SMSL SU-1 Stereo DAC Review

I meant: don't bother, you gain nothing. Anyway, the SU-1 is an MQA decoder, so I believe you should send the MQA stream to it as-is (at 0dB, as any digital alteration of the stream, such as volume attenuation, will "render" the MQA stream as invalid...) Enjoy.
  13. Vincent Kars

...convert 48 to 96 and restore the audio in the 24-48 kHz band can be done in software. The last unfolding, oversampling and/or using the MQA prescribed filters is only allowed in hardware. As MQA stores the 24-48 kHz audio below bit 17 (the audio origami) it is lossy by design and no soft- or...
  14. M

Tidal vs Qobuz in 2024?

Why you consider MQA which is loosy format better than FLAC files? I personally find kind of a nightmare MQA authentication system with DACs compatibility and the degree of detail is fewer than FLAC. As far as I know Tidal is going to gradually replace MQA by FLAC hi-res files because of...
  15. M

Serious Question: How can DAC's have a SOUND SIGNATURE if they measure as transparent? Are that many confused?

Yeah, MQA is bizarre, and even worse than some mp3 files. Also my DAC do crazy things sometimes when changing from CD to MQA and reverse… Apparently they are gradually changing MQA to CD or hi-res, at least I red comments telling that
  16. staticV3

If SMSL's specs are correct, then you should be able to do PC->USB->PO100 Pro->Coax/Toslink->E30II to enable unfolded MQA playback on your E30II. What confuses me a bit is that I thought Meridian had a rule which strictly forbade any MQA decoder from having a digital output, yet the PO100 Pro...
  17. B

Hello everyone, I have MQA files :rolleyes: I can connect this product SMSL PO100 Pro MQA USB Interfacce to Topping E30 II ?? Thank you
  18. MaxwellsEq

Lossless FLAC at 16/44kHz is an excellent carrier for music. It's almost certainly better than any MQA equivalent: https://audiophilestyle.com/ca/reviews/mqa-a-review-of-controversies-concerns-and-cautions-r701/
  19. Veri

Off topic but isn't Tidal itself also moving away from MQA and to actual higher res masters, no funky encoding schemes? I wouldn't worry about MQA tbh.
  20. gasolin75

One on audiophincs say the SMSL SU-1 is harsh and has some fattigue A iFi Audio Go Link also supports MQA and is a little cheaper than the SMSL SU-1 and iFi Uno Found a cheap used Audioquest dragonfly black that supposrt MQA but only up to 24 bit and 96khz Forgot to aske what settings (bit...
Top Bottom