Search results for query: bacch

1. J

Dr. Edgar Choueiri explains BACCH

How does BACCH enhance the spatial realism in the reproduction of acoustical recordings made in real acoustical environments? Crosstalk cancellation (XTC) techniques, such as BACCH, suppress the sound recorded on the left (right) channel of a stereo recording at the right (left) ear of the...
  2. S

Crosstalk Cancellation (XTC) and Colouration

...be very much different because you are listening to my pinna frequency shaping. The objective here is to hear the difference in the 3 segments and do you hear the so called extreme colouration that BACCH claimed to be associated with non BACCH XTC...
  3. O

BACCH4Mac "Absolute Sounds Product of the Year 2024"

...former is less fatiguing than the latter. This is true irrespective of the artist's or sound engineer's intent. That is why most people with BACCH, especially those using head-tracking with in-ear mics, prefer BACCH over no BACCH for nearly all the songs that they listen to. I have tried...
  4. S

BACCH and other XTC

Anyone here who is using BACCH or other crosstalk cancellation such as Ruark or Weiss and many others to list your speakers model, distance to listener and if possible the room RT. I am trying to understand why some users cannot get the XTC work in their system. I will start with mine...
  5. Gwreck

BACCH4Mac Pro Edition - For those considering BACCH

I wonder if @grimaurfer I wonder if Grimsurfer is still so angry at BACCH nearly 4 years later? BACCH may be cross talk cancellation but is also effective for troll talk enhancement.
  6. Gwreck

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

I have BACCH so I suspect what this comment comes from is That Dr. Choueiri has helped set up BACCH many overpriced and underperforming “audiophile” system of other BACCH owners. It seems faint praise as the a giant Tekton speaker potentially performed better than other overpriced garbage. For...
  7. Gwreck

Does anyone here use an Ambisonic playback system?

BACCH has a mixer for ambisonic to binaural https://www.theoretica.us/bacch-dsp/
  8. Gwreck

In my listening room I have 2 set of speakers that I have run BACCH through Martin Logan B100 bookshelves and Sander’s ESL’s. BACCH works well for both but better on the Sanders as they are the most directional speaker on can buy. On the ML’’s I get 10-15 db XTc and 20+ db on the Sanders. Good...
  9. D

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

If you read some of the comments, you can see the fanboys are eating it up!
  10. J

Electrostatic speakers?

If you are putting BACCH crosstalk cancelation DSP in the same category as cable lifters there really is no point in conversing with you any further.
  11. J

I have Martin Logan 13a's. The sweet spot is inches wide. Like I said, it can get tiring trying to stay in it. With the BACCH headtracking you can make it as wide as you want. During the setup the program asks you to put your head in center location, then asks you to lean your head hard right...
  12. DWPress

I'll confess I haven't looked to much into BACCH mainly because it would be impossible to implement in my space. Isn't one of the considerations of BACCH that it is effective for a fixed LP only and doesn't do as well for speakers designed for a wider dispersion or your LP is bigger as in home...
  13. Blockader

The bestiary of the most common (and debunked by science) audiophile myths

...stereo. But you what you hear is still a stereo recording which lacks the envelopment and spaciousness of a multichannel setup. I have tried BACCH too, it works with some recordings very well but it can't come close to a large immersive system even the designer of BACCH, Dr. Edgar Choueiri...
  14. SonofJura

BACCH4Mac Pro Edition - For those considering BACCH

I have no affiliations to Theoretica. I am a customer and have to say that I too have gone on passionate posts elsewhere and I have contended with it in various ways. So I’m going to be as immature and flippant by taunting you! BACCH! BACCH! BACCH! BACCH! BACCH!
  15. J

Electrostatic speakers?

...This only means that the 3D image is artificial in the first place but it still contains ILD and ITD cues and one should still expect the BACCH filter, which purifies the audio playback from crosstalk, to project/extrude the image (albeit artificially) in 3D space (as to opposed to leave it...
  16. sweetsounds

Andrew Quint Reviews the Unique BACCH-SP Stereo Purifier

BACCH ORC was released today, I will install it tonight and report back hopefully in the next couple of days. So far I use a full-frequency DRC with Acourate with very positive results. > BACCH-ORC requires acoustic measurements with the BACCH-BM in-ear microphone and is therefore available...
  17. J

The basic uBACCH doesn't affect the LP sweet spot. The Audiophile version expands it greatly for the primary listener. For everyone else in the room or if you're moving around the room, the system would sound the same as without BACCH. The more directional your speakers are (I have ML 13a's) the...
  18. J

The website contains contact info. I asked Edgar directly about listening tests but that doesn’t really help you.
Top Bottom