Search results for query: gaming

1. N

PC speaker and Subwoofer advice

Hey, I've been using the same $10 PC speaker and 'subwoofer' set on my PC for 20 years. I mostly just use it for playing video games, but lately I've been desiring to hear more bass out of my games. Like, when the ground shakes in a game, it would be cool if I could 'feel' it more. I remember...
  2. M

Gaming Headphones Better Than Sundaras

Hi. I have some Sundaras which I use for music, movies and gaming at home. I keep toying with the idea of buying some other headphones primarily for gaming but when I read into it I end up sticking as there are a huge amount of opinions out there and the Sundaras always seem to come out as one...
  3. zaraki

which would you prefer for video games out of the following?

high quality 2.1 nearfield set up or high quality headphone set up with spatial audio. what sounds/feels more immersive of the two options? like feeling your in the game world for example maybe i have tried both and enjoy both greatly. i do think the spatial audio with headphones adds...
  4. L

Gaming Headphones that can double up as Music Listening

Hi, I am mostly dealing with the problem of strapping a lapel mic to my AKG K92. So I am in the market looking for gaming headphones (mostly rainbow six siege so soundstage is important). But I also want it to double up as a music headphone. Musically, tight bass is my preference with finesse in...
  5. nike1212

Gaming/music headphones

Recently bought the Hifiman Sundara 2020, which sounds very good, but unfortunately, they are not great for hearing where players are in games like CSGO2. Also, I find them to be very tight-fitting." I hope to get some alternatives that have the sound quality of Sundara but with improvements...
  6. D

Headphones for Gaming/Music

...to my gear and sold the HD560s. Actually I liked the HD 560s. So there was no certain reason why I sold them. I mainly use the DT 990 Pro for gaming and listening to some music or videos. I have rarely used the DT 900 Pro but I find them to be very tight-fitting (Clamping Listening and...
  7. VietnamRadioEnjoyer

gaming immersion: speakers vs phones

...headphone. for surround audio you can listen on a surround speaker setup or use a virtual surround software to convert it to binaural. and non-gaming stereo audio is usually made with stereo speakers in mind These things are figured out. But not all games support binaural or surround. So...
  8. MaxwellsEq

Risk of sound-induced hearing loss from exposure to video gaming or esports

This is in the British Medical Journal. Their systematic scoping review suggests gaming poses a risk to hearing for some. Not surprising, I guess, but I've not seen it in a medical journal before. https://bmjpublichealth.bmj.com/content/2/1/e000253
  9. K

FPS Comp Gaming + Music

...am looking to just get one headphone (for now as I know its not ideal) .. Budget of around $1k.. What would be the best, in your opinion for gaming and music? If you could only have one headphone at your desk, which would it be type of question. I included headphones that seem to be...
  10. A

Gaming sound spatialization

Hello, I'm a beginner in Audio science and I would like to improve spatialization sound in gaming. I'm looking for a DAC or DAC\Amp that can help me to feel from where the sound is coming, hear more precisely step of other player, gun reloading, ... Basically i want to increase volume of...
  11. Zim

Fallout on Amazon

Never played the games, but I loved it as a good old scifi series. Friends who've played the games have also loved this. Also for any game players, the series has been confirmed to be canon.
  12. D

Which Sennheiser is best for FPS Gaming

Buying a HD800 to get a better KD in fps games is so facepalm. I'd rather get a decent headphone which is FUN for gaming. Maybe add "competitive gaming" to the title...
  13. kemmler3D

DAC Input latency tierlist for gaming? Hasn't been done before.

Which games? I'm using a DX5 lite which apparently has ASIO drivers and you can set the latency as low as 5ms, and it works fine with games. (mostly just BG3 and Cyberpunk lately tho)
  14. M

End Game Speakers - The Quest Continues

Howdy folks! Well, after receiving several (very kind and supportive) DMs these past months since the original thread ($30K Budget - On the quest for my "end game" speaker) asking what was the status of my quest, if I had decided yet, was I going to start another thread, etc, etc ... Here we...
  15. J

Mark Knopfler – One Deep River – First single – Ahead Of The Game : comparison between Hi-Rez 24-192 and Dolby Atmos

Hello, Mark Knopfler will release his tenth solo studio album “One Deep River” on April 12, 2024, this new album will contain 12 songs, of which the first single “Ahead Of The Game” is already available. After testing the first single from Norah Jones' "Visions" album a week ago, I was afraid...
  16. M

gaming headset ~$50 - $200 without mic

Hi, I am looking for a "gaming" headset (without microphone, no problem if there is). I do not really want some "fancy" headset, because I believe, that it is overpriced compared to some headphones without the label "gaming" on them. I have seen crinacle's THE BEST GAMING HEADPHONES don't...
  17. KSTR

DAC Input latency tierlist for gaming? Hasn't been done before.

PC Games that "need" low-latency audio and don't support ASIO are a design failure, IMHO.
  18. M

IEM for gaming (competetive/esport)

Hi, I would like to buy headphones for gaming (competetive/esport) and as I was looking into it, i found out, that the best choice would be IEM headphones (right?). So my question is: What would be the best choice? Budget: up to $150 (or around $200 if something would be worth the price)...
  19. Orion76

Have plenty of headphones, but need to add a mic. Should I get a gaming headset for PC?

I have a Topping E50 DAC, Topping L50 headphone amp, and tons of headphones and IEMs. But I need a mic to play a team based shooter (Hell Let Loose) on my PC. Should I get a gaming headset with built in mic, or is there a decent way to add a mic to my setup? Thanks!
  20. F

End Game Speakers - The Quest Continues

The difference is that it may not be "The End Game" but for what you and I perceive as "end game", it is... So the difference is "the", the article ;) Peace.
Top Bottom