Search results for query: Jitter

1. antcollinet

WiiM Mini Streamer

Jitter on the Toslink out? Any evidence that jitter is remotely audible? And if it is, that the Loxjie is unable to reject it?
  2. morillon

WiiM Mini Streamer

you either have to listen to difficult music and resolving systems ( or measurements for curiosity( , wiim vs pro in toslink with this specific dac... I don't have the answer ;-)
  3. G

WiiM Mini Streamer

Is this the ‘very high‘ jitter of which you speak? maybe you are confusing the mini’s analogue performance, which is poor, with its digital performance, which is excellent.
  4. G

WiiM Mini Streamer

Yeh I understand, but is this of any significance on SQ? which is what the OP was asking. The differences seems to be down around -140db. Way below a level that can cause any issues to a modern Dac.
  5. morillon

WiiM Mini Streamer

the question remains a little open... ;-) the jitter of the mini is very high and much more reasonable on the pro-pro plus
  6. morillon

WiiM Mini Streamer

but what you quote does not answer the question of jitter between mini and pro in toslink output... that's all... I'm just pointing out a much larger observable jitter, if we try to observe it, between mini and pro.. no more...
  7. P

WiiM Mini Streamer

I should add that the Wiim/Loxjie is just my bedroom setup. So i dont think technicalities would be an issue for that decision ;) And all the other connections/features dont really have a use case for me there. Literally the only useful additional thing would be the ability to turn it on/off...
  8. Ralph_Cramden

WiiM Mini Streamer

Any decent modern DAC will handle the jitter without any problem whatsoever, so it's completely pointless to keep pointing out the difference between the two, as has been explained many times. Some people simply won't give up.
  9. morillon

WiiM Mini Streamer

no no it's you who are on the wrong track and don't really realize what the measure of what you present represents..its limits etc. you should think about what your measurement presents, what is implemented, and the limits of this observation in relation to the gigue present on the toslink...
  10. morillon

WiiM Mini Streamer

that was not my point and was only pointing out a fact...any more... ps if all this was perfect on our toslink spdif aes outputs indisputable, "perfect"... how to explain the different results so regularly observed "at the dac output" with usb? ;-) but you must consistently demand to cease...
  11. J

WiiM Mini Streamer

Toslink jitter will be a non issue with any competent DAC. The only difference, likely inaudible, might be the ability of the coax to handle resolution greater than 192..
  12. rarewolf

WiiM Mini Streamer

Are there any audible differences between using TOSlink (Mini) vs coaxial (Pro)? I’ve heard of “jitter” problems with optical, but what does that sound like?
  13. Merifon

WiiM Mini Streamer

The meaning of "jitter" should be specified. Is jitter the error resulting after domain change, conseguence of any undesired variation of a given signal, or is jitter that variation itself? In the first case you can manage the error ad make it disappear, so no jitter. In second case you can...
  14. O

WiiM Mini Streamer

Just let me check how is the jitter looking like now on the graph with all those distortions... Joking :)
  15. M

WiiM Mini Streamer

You are not breaking any news on this thread. Way before you chimed in here, we've already discussed that "Jitter only matters at the point of D to A and A to D" Back on topic of WiiM Mini - discussing jitter is irrelevant. Find a DAC that makes jitter immeasurable. There are many to choose from.
  16. B

WiiM Mini Streamer

Yeah, it's like Groundhog day :rolleyes: Maybe there should be a separate jitter thread and we can get back to important things here like Amazon Music, gapless and, God forbid, MQA... ;):p:D
  17. Merifon

WiiM Mini Streamer

It's a recursively argument, try to search on past posts. A dac with good clock management, it is inherently jitter-proof. Jitter errors are conseguence of bad clock correction during conversion process (AD and mainly DA) inside the dac.
  18. O

WiiM Mini Streamer

Hearable or not jitter is unavoidable by nature. And that makes the "no way" statement simple false even for equally bit perfect sources.
  19. B

WiiM Mini Streamer

With all these graphs, test files and talk about distortion, I really miss the cosy chats around jitter we used to have - just joking.. ;):p
  20. Merifon

WiiM Mini Streamer

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/wiim-mini-review-streamer.33099/post-1270908 Yes, any physical periodic event has jitter but if it's side effects are managed to kept under noise floor, it's like there is not jitter
Top Bottom