Search results for query: cable

1. amirm

Blue Jeans Cable Isolation Transformer Review

This is a review and detailed measurements of the Blue Jeans Cable SWT1 Isolation Transformer meant for removal of ground loops. It was kindly sent to me by a member and costs US$50. As you can see, the box is small which does not bode well for good performance when we think of transformers and...
  2. amirm

Nordost SuperFlatLine Speaker Cable Review

This is a review and detailed measurements of the Nordost SuperFlatLine speaker cable. It is on kind loan from a member and costs US $360. As you see, the cable name is fully descriptive with parallel copper traces running from one end to the other. The edges of the cable are somewhat sharp and...
  3. amirm

Tice Power Conductor 2 Vintage AC Cable Review

This is a review, teardown and measurements of the Tice Power Conductor 2 vintage AC power cable. It is on kind loan form a member (cost unknown): While the terminations are beefy, no self-respecting high-end audiophile would want to be near a cable looking like it was left over from Radio...
  4. amirm

JPS Superconductor V USB Cable Review

This a review, listening tests and detailed measurements of the JPS Labs Superconductor V "Ultra high-performance" USB cable. It is on kind loan from a member and costs US $1000. The cable has a decent feel but does not want to be rotated. As you know though, the USB connectors need to be...
  5. amirm

GR Research B24 AC Cable Review Follow up [Entertainment]

As some of you requested, here is my response to Danny's contentions regarding my review of GR Research B24 AC cable. If you have not seen it, here is my original video review: And Danny's reply video: If you have not already, please go to my youtube page and subscribe. It won't make me...
  6. amirm

JPS LABS ULTRACONDUCTOR 2 XLR Cable Review

This is a review, detailed measurements and listening tests of the JPS LABS ULTRACONDUCTOR 2 1 foot XLR cables. It is on kind loan from a member and costs US $799 for a pair. As you can see, there is no fancy braiding or termination. Cables are a bit stiffer than my reference but still pliable...
  7. amirm

Audioquest Pearl USB Cable Review

This is a review and detailed measurements of the AudioQuest 1.5 meter micro USB cable. It is on kind loan from a member and costs US $41 on Amazon. Marking on the cable says that it is "low jitter." The cable is a bit thinner than the generic USB cable I compared it to. The cable feel is a...
  8. amirm

Recoton RCA Cable Review (Ultra Cheap Cable)

This is a review and detailed measurements of the ultra cheap, "vintage," retail RCA cable. A member kindly sent it to me. It is not available anymore but I see two-packs on ebay for $4. The cable reminds me of the free ones you used to get in audio gear. It fits rather loosely on especially...
  9. amirm

Audioquest GO-4 Speaker Cable Review

This is a review and detailed measurements of the AudioQuest GO-4 speaker cable. It is on kind loan from a member and costs about US $599. The attached dongle is a 72 volt battery supply that feeds an unterminated wire the length of the cable. Different terminations can be ordered. Here are...
  10. amirm

Analysis of Paper on Measurements of RCA Cables by Kunchur (Video)

...Kunchur on his latest paper as promoted by a number of youtubers. There, he claims to have found correlated measurements for why different cable "grades" make an audible difference. So I put together a presentation detailing his testing and problems with it: It is long (41 minutes) but...
  11. amirm

Belden ICONOCLAST XLR Cable Review

This is a review and detailed measurements of the ICONOCLAST XLR by Belden (manufactured by Blue Jeans Cable). Tested sample costs US $785 for 6 foot length: I ordered a pair of XLR and RCA cables from the company. They nicely intercepted my order and asked if intended to review them. When I...
  12. amirm

NORDOST TYR 2 Review (Coax Cable)

This is a review, listening test and detailed measurements of the Nordost Tyr 2 BNC terminated 75 ohm coax cable for S/PDIF use. It is on kind loan from a member and costs US $1,800. As BNC cables go, the Nordost is flexible and feels good hand. I also like the termination where the plastic...
  13. amirm

Testing Open Power Cord interference in Interconnect Cables (video)

A quick video dealing with claims that a power cord that is not driving something can't be source of AC interference:
  14. amirm

Are Dirt Cheap RCA Cables Any Good? (Video)

Video review of the "throw-away" RCA cables: Text review and discussion at: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/recoton-rca-cable-review-ultra-cheap-cable.33473/
  15. amirm

GR Research B24 AC Cable Review: Does it Make an Audible Difference?

...video to my text review of GR Research B24 AC power cord review. I play the clips at hand and show the difference (or lack thereof) with this cable vs generic cheap AC cable: Kind credit to band Radical Face Missing Film album for free license for non-commercial use. Please see license...
  16. amirm

Nordost Tyr 2 Review (USB Cable)

This is a review and detailed measurements of the Nordost Tyr 2 USB cable. It is on kind loan from a member and costs US $1,400 (no typo). As you see, the cable doesn't look all that fancy but still has a premium feel to it. It highly resists rotating so when you try to align the USB cable...
  17. amirm

Nordost Tyr 2 USB Cable Review (Video)

Follow up video on my text review of Norodost Tyr 2 USB cable.
  18. amirm

Battle of RCA Cables: Mogami, Amazon, Monoprice

This is a review, measurements and comparison of a number of RCA cables from Mogami, Monorpice and Amazon Basics. The first two were kindly provided by a member. This is a subset of the cables tested: And details of each: Monoprice 1.5ft Premium 2 RCA Plug/2 RCA Plug M/M 22AWG Cable -...
  19. amirm

Morrow SP3 Review (Speaker Cable)

This is a review and detailed measurements of the Morrow SP3 premium speaker cable. It was kindly sent to me by a member. The base cost is US $149 but in the bi-wire configuration/length I have, I think the total adds up to $187. Company however has a 38% sale currently which then gets it...
  20. amirm

Do Premium Headphone Cables Make an Audible Difference? Norne Audio Cable Review (video)

Some of you may have seen my text review of the Norne Audio aftermarket premium headphone cables. I thought I do a quick video review on them since this such a popular topic:
Top Bottom