• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Extreme Snake Oil

MarkS

Major Contributor
And says that he's a high-school dropout.

I wouldn't want to claim that education is everything, but can we trust him to get the quantum mechanics right in his pink fuses?

SR-pink.jpg

Andysu

Major Contributor
^
audio crack lol
addicted to crack cocaine capacitors lol , well if you light them up with lighter they make a high smell lol

Andysu

Major Contributor
And says that he's a high-school dropout.

I wouldn't want to claim that education is everything, but can we trust him to get the quantum mechanics right in his pink fuses?

View attachment 365355
that is snake oil , its the actual fuse wire soldered between the two ends

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
Just read this on a thread named "Fuse and Cable Directionality" in another forum. No comment.
---
Audiophile Fuses | What's Best Audio and Video Forum. The Best High End Audio Forum on the planet! (whatsbestforum.com) Has an uneducated audiophile who posted nonsense that all fuses are non-directional and not up for debate.

I own high end equipment as do friends of mine, several other best friends are electronic and cable manufacturers, remastering engineers and record reviewers. We all know that fuses can be highly directional, just as much as non-polarized power plugs were on older equipment (where one direction plug in could sound very different from the reverse and often did). This was especially true with my ten years using Synergistic Research, now only using treated Acme fuses. By denying all directionality (it may not always be true for all fuses as we haven't tried all fuses) that poster on that thread sounds more like Audio Science Review members and owner. Ridiculous to deny just as it is ridiculous to state that all cables sound the same if they test the same. We don't know why fuses are generally directional in mid to high end audio equipment but it is.

---
Is the current to your speakers A/C? Is A/C directional ? If the fuse is between the cable doesn't the current move in both directions.
That’s what we call a logical fallacy. Claiming that a fuse or wire cannot be directional in an AC circuit. Besides all audio cables are AC, so is power cord obviously. Also, a fuse is attached to one of the 2 wires in the AC circuit, not “between the cable,” although I confess I’m not 100% what you meant by that phrase.
---
(me again) Response is priceless:

You get the point. So some asshat spends big bucks and claims he can hear angels singing on a pin head due to a fuse. Great.
---
I briefly entertained the notion of responding but I catch enough flack here that I don't need to invite it elsewhere. Besides, the whole snake-oil idea reminds me that I need to go re-install a skid plate cover after getting the oil changed in my Jeep.

Last edited:

MoreWatts

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Here's more "info" from the same forum as the above quote. This is from the infamous Geoff Kait, of Machina Dynamica fame (pebbles). Peter Belt has a Wikipedia page.

"It could very well be something as 'ordinary' as your audiophile visitor brings his watch and or cellphone with him into the room. Watches and clocks have the peculiar effect of degrading the sound. As I stated previously somewhere watches and clocks in rooms at big HiFi shows are one very big reason the sound usually sucks. I wrote a paper on it with Peter Belt, it wasn’t that long ago.

Best to have visitors check them in at the door. Experiment: take all watches, clocks and cellphones to another room and listen again. Then bring them back into the room. Ugh, right?"

Are sound waves smeared because they are reflected off the surfaces of the time-keeping devices? Does the EMF given off by the devices affect the electronics and/or sound waves? Does the mere presence of a timing device directly affect the PRAT?

Oh, wait. Caught myself looking for electronic/environmental reasons for auditory hallucinations. :facepalm:

Last edited:

Palladium

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Here's more "info" from the same forum as the above quote. This is from the infamous Geoff Kait, of Machina Dynamica fame (pebbles). Peter Belt has a Wikipedia page.

"It could very well be something as 'ordinary' as your audiophile visitor brings his watch and or cellphone with him into the room. Watches and clocks have the peculiar effect of degrading the sound. As I stated previously somewhere watches and clocks in rooms at big HiFi shows are one very big reason the sound usually sucks. I wrote a paper on it with Peter Belt, it wasn’t that long ago.

Best to have visitors check them in at the door. Experiment: take all watches, clocks and cellphones to another room and listen again. Then bring them back into the room. Ugh, right?"

Are sound waves smeared because they are reflected off the surfaces of the time-keeping devices? Does the EMF given off by the devices affect the electronics and/or sound waves? Does the mere presence of a timing device directly affect the PRAT?

Oh, wait. Caught myself looking for electronic/environmental reasons for auditory hallucinations. :facepalm:

How weird the $0 GPS receiver in our phones works to an incredible level of positional precision even without an internal clock.

Andysu

Major Contributor
that piece of wood behind the speaker isn't that snake oil

CapMan

Major Contributor
that piece of wood behind the speaker isn't that snake oil

Slate is not as hard as granite so it’s not as hard sounding, but it’s harder than mdf so not as warm sounding - good grief - people listen to this nonsense ??

Andysu

Major Contributor
Slate is not as hard as granite so it’s not as hard sounding, but it’s harder than mdf so not as warm sounding - good grief - people listen to this nonsense ??
no the snake oil bit of wood behind the snake oil speaker , oh and the finish on that speaker looks cheap and rough how much again for it , £24k and made out of mud like as in common as cheap mud ? no thanks daylight robbery for mud
download (6).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-04-25 12.15.16.png

Last edited:

leonasj500

And silver sounds brighter—of course it does because it just looks brighter. Shiny. They sound shinier. But don’t get those gimmicky “silver tipped copper” cables—they’re drenched in veils…
does pure silver 3N cable vs pure silver 5N sounds same?

egellings

Major Contributor

Nope. The Tice Clock improves the sound! I couldn't stand to listen without mine. Hork! About hork: A shout of derision from a grandpa bullfrog.

Basic Channel

Watches and clocks have the peculiar effect of degrading the sound.

That's an amazing quote. I wonder what the playback system is? Surely all digital systems involve clocks of some sort, and the analogue ones have "fancy clocks" like motors and stuff.

MattHooper

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
He might have still been on 'shrooms during the interview ...
What a bunch a mountain of horse manure...!!!

Peace.

Actually if you watch the video the impression is that he's "had a few" before the interview. Maybe it was "shots at noon" time or something.

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Actually if you watch the video the impression is that he's "had a few" before the interview. Maybe it was "shots at noon" time or something.
:)

When you can derive such benefits from peddling B.S. perhaps , you can afford any 'shroom or similarly potent mind-altering substances

Peace

Top Bottom