• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

TOPPING D90 III、TOPPING D50 III

zdykstra

There's a sale at shenzenaudio.com. I have a D50 III on order for $199 shipped. Balanced out and a Bluetooth remote make this the perfect DAC+Preamp for a hidden living room system!

Last edited:

x7z

today i buy it aprox come to 5/7 days with UPS and i say my POV for him... i buy it only for a reason : need 5V

Bleib

Major Contributor
Has anyone received their their D50 III? Shenzenaudio still hasn't sent mine, ordered:

March 12, 2024

Bleib

Major Contributor
The haven't shipped it yet, or you haven't received it yet?
They haven't sent it yet. There's always an email when this happens..

Bleib

Major Contributor

x7z

Has anyone received their their D50 III? Shenzenaudio still hasn't sent mine, ordered:

March 12, 2024
today i refunds my order in Audiophonics reason not have D50iii in stock

SloPoke

Forum Donor
How well does the BT remote work?
BT remote works very well. Response is instant and accurate and so far no non-response to a button press . Its nice to be in the room and not have to contort to get a line of sight shot on the machine.

Someone earlier asked if it also had the remote also does IR. I have some other Topping gear and they use a common IR remote. I pointed that remote from my slightly older Topping gear at the D50 III and there was no response. At least in my quick try, the D50 III did not respond to the IR commands sent by the older Topping IR remote (the remote would control a D90 or E30)

Also, though the D50 III bluetooth remote looks like the older Topping remote and though it has a bulb at front, my Topping E30 did not respond when the D50 III remote was pointed at it.

Since phones can do BT, am wondering if remote control via a phone app is in the cards (?)

D50 III remote says "Topping BC-15A". E30 remote looks the same except it says "Topping RC-15A"

Bleib

Major Contributor
BT remote works very well. Response is instant and accurate and so far no non-response to a button press . Its nice to be in the room and not have to contort to get a line of sight shot on the machine.

Someone earlier asked if it also had the remote also does IR. I have some other Topping gear and they use a common IR remote. I pointed that remote from my slightly older Topping gear at the D50 III and there was no response. At least in my quick try, the D50 III did not respond to the IR commands sent by the older Topping IR remote (the remote would control a D90 or E30)

Also, though the D50 III bluetooth remote looks like the older Topping remote and though it has a bulb at front, my Topping E30 did not respond when the D50 III remote was pointed at it.

Since phones can do BT, am wondering if remote control via a phone app is in the cards (?)

D50 III remote says "Topping BC-15A". E30 remote looks the same except it says "Topping RC-15A"
Thanks, sounds promising

zdykstra

I received a response from [email protected]. I asked when my Topping D50 iii order would ship -
Sorry the product you ordered is out of stock temporarily due to demand exceeding supply, we will ship it ASAP once it is available. Could you wait for more days? Thank you.
It is expected to ship in mid April.

Bleib

Major Contributor
Short feedback on the D50 III

I ordered from HifiGO on 14 March. I received the device on 27 March, so delivery time was approx. 2 weeks. Shipping was free and I didn't have to pay any customs duties. Very good, I can recommend the shop.

I have to admit that I was a bit disappointed at first after connecting it. But I'll get to that in a moment.

I ordered the D50III because I wanted to use the DAC as a preamp for my power amplifier. The remote control feature was important to me.
My player is a Wiim Mini via Toslink to the DAC, RCA out to the Dlhifi ma5332ms power amplifier module. By the way, I can highly recommend this module. It sounds excellent for the money.

But why was I disappointed at first? I'm not sure if it's just me or if it could happen to others. That's why I mention it :)

The sound was flat, one-dimensional and uninspiring. The second day was no different. I then saw on the Topping page that there is a firmware update for the D50III. So maybe that's the reason, I thought.

And now it comes..., the supplied USB cable was not properly inserted into the power socket. It practically snaps in twice. Watch out for that!
It's very tight at the back and you think it's in correctly. The DAC also switches on and works, but sounds flat. The cable must noticeably snap in twice. Only then is a proper current flow ensured and the sound is as you would expect from such a device :)

My device was delivered with firmware 1.16. Now I have 1.20 on it. I don't know what has been improved.
But everything works as it should. I like the volume control in 0.5db steps.
Unfortunately, parametric EQ only really works via USB in. That would be the real highlight in my eyes if all inputs were implemented.

DLS79

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Those of you that purchased a D50 iii, what is the PEQ user experience like?

Overseas

Major Contributor
PEQ available only for USB means only laptop interface? USB OTG PEQ by phone works somehow?

I guess D50 III will be the next measured DAC, huh?

Top Bottom