• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Least microphonic cable?

Jiminthebox

My headphones are much less of a home system. I use them for live sound and with a qudelix 5k so they can be portable, so they pretty much go everywhere with me. We’ll see if the noise starts to drive me insane. I've only had the new hart cables for a few days now. Other than the noise they seem really well built

Rextilleon

I have the Hart Cables now. Quality, looks and the modular functionality are very nice. Much thinner and lighter than the DCA Vivo. But they are not better than the DCA Vivo Cables in terms of microphonics for me, i think. A bit different though - some noises are quieter, some are louder. To be fair, some reviewers found the DCA Vivo cables had "zero" microphonics, so maybe i am very sensitive. I don´t know if this is just the limit of what´s possible. Maybe my verdict changes after some time of testing.
Hard to test the differences, because the noise is dependent from a few more parameters, like the exact fit of the headphone, and how exactly the cable touches my clothes. Maybe i should just stop wearing clothes and rely on my fur.
Just got Hart Cable for my IE600's. Well built, but noisy as hell.

Ahmonge

Forum Donor
I am looking for a replacement cable for my Aeon 2 Noire that is less noisy and more flexible than the default one. By "noisy" I mean minimizing the noise transmitted to the cups from rubbing on clothing. I also want it to be as flexible as possible, i.e. not to retain its shape. Can you help me with some references?

Mr Swing King

My experience echoes most of the responses so far:
Keep away from braided designs
Keep away from cloth or fabric

Best ones for a noisefree listening experience? A slim and light rubber/plastic tail. Think stock HD600 cable:)

G-rig

The stock cables should be designed reasonably you'd think. I assumed you were talking about cable for IEMs, now those you can really hear rubbing over your clothes as your ear is sealed and everything is amplified. Open cans I wouldn't have thought you can hear much. I'd go with a braided Plastic type of finish though if it were me.

Top Bottom