• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Anyone had any veils lifted lately?

Astoneroad

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
AnchoredHiddenAardvark-max-1mb.gif

Last edited:

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I took the time to very carefully voice the baffle step on my midwoofers. It did help clarity.

krott5333

My guitar amp was sitting on top of my subwoofer. It was rattling. I tightened the chassis screws. Not only is the rattle gone, but it's like a veil has been lifted. Well worth the price if you're looking to take your hi-fi system to the next level.

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I re-ran a Direc EQ on my system after removing port bungs, and setting the amp to pure direct. I also adjusted the target curve.

About 3.7 dV were lifted.

Seriously - significant improvement.

OP
S

Spkrdctr

Major Contributor
I re-ran a Direc EQ on my system after removing port bungs, and setting the amp to pure direct. I also adjusted the target curve.

About 3.7 dV were lifted.

Seriously - significant improvement.
But did someone in the kitchen hear the difference? :)

mikethep

I had cataract surgery yesterday, which seems to have lifted a veil. The "Ivory/Walnut" speakers that I thought were a nice creamy color now look very different. I would never have bought them if I knew they were that * white. They seem to sound the same, though.

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
I had cataract surgery yesterday, which seems to have lifted a veil. The "Ivory/Walnut" speakers that I thought were a nice creamy color now look very different. I would never have bought them if I knew they were that * white. They seem to sound the same, though.
... sort of like reverse blind testing, eh?
;)

Anton D

Addicted to Fun and Learning
My Hi Fi is so cool, it's been known to lift 2 to 3 veils, on average, depending on the ambient temperature.

Sometimes, when it's warm, one veil will do it, but winter conditions have been known to go as high as 4 veils.

My bedroom system can usually only lift one veil, but by then, that's typically plenty.

DMill

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
My last girlfriend could not stand my speakers toed in to my listening spot and would constantly make them perpendicular to the room. My current girlfriend never touches my speakers. Veils lifted.

Multicore

Major Contributor
My Hi Fi is so cool, it's been known to lift 2 to 3 veils, on average, depending on the ambient temperature.

Sometimes, when it's warm, one veil will do it, but winter conditions have been known to go as high as 4 veils.

My bedroom system can usually only lift one veil, but by then, that's typically plenty..
Not enough veils.

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I lifted the veil off a virgin and then...

Timcognito

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
1708125504532.jpeg

Sometimes they don't need lifting.

Top Bottom