Recent content by Xulonn

1. Xulonn

Pass Labs HPA-1 Headphone Amp Review

That is one of the lamest strawman fallacies that infects ASR. No one who understands science and agrees with the fundamental principles that guide ASR says that. Amir and most, if not all, of the rest of the rational objectivists here at ASR know that there are real, easily to moderately...
  2. Xulonn

And I thoroughly enjoyed rock music in the late 1970's played through my pair of big custom JBL bass reflex speakers (from Hank Hong of Honker's Sound Company in Berkeley, CA). The drivers were the famous JBL S8 drivers with 15" woofer, and powered by a McIntosh receiver. This speakers below...
  3. Xulonn

Wow! So you are saying that these headphones and the Pass amplifier produce a sound signature that accurately duplicates rock concert venue PA systems? That's quite an accomplishment! /s
  4. Xulonn

If Bits are Bits

Welcome to ASR. Don't take us too seriously if you are sincere and not trolling. Many of us Americans have a Thanksgiving day hangover on Black Friday - even if we didn't drink alcohol with our massive turkey dinners yesterday.
  5. Xulonn

If Bits are Bits

6. Xulonn

Nice turntables. Attached picture is an absolute requirement.

And for only $31,000 USD, you can have this one:
  7. Xulonn

Reed Muse 3C - interesting "futuristic" design...more HERE
  8. Xulonn

Windows 11 Help

The video suggestions asre no longer good? Should I delete the video? Also, Google "search tools" on Firefox disappeared today. Clicking on "search tools" takes me to the advanced search page instead! Still works normally on Chrome.
  9. Xulonn

Windows 11 Help

Edit: Video deleted per discussion...
  10. Xulonn

Latest BS Amplifier from Fosi - T3 with 2 preamp tubes, no output tubes or transformers - 50wpc???

It looks like there are some variants of this hybrid tube/Class-D amplifier out there - likely manufactured by the same Chinese company. Here's the $150 Dayton version which has a top-front USB input, but no bass & treble controls. With USB in, and subwoofer and headphone out, I would really...
  11. Xulonn

If I were wealthy, and just for nostalgic fun... (I once owned a Thorens TD125 MkII back in the 1970's) The Thorens flagship during these days of a vinyl revival, is the $4.7k TD-1601. I see it as simple, elegant and beautiful:
  12. Xulonn

Latest BS Amplifier from Fosi - T3 with 2 preamp tubes, no output tubes or transformers - 50wpc???

It is very likely a class-D amp with a "tube preamp" section, but the ad copy is extremely misleading by listing "Amplification type" as "tubes". It would be interesting if an ASR regular bought one to see what class-D chip/board is in it and sent it to Amir for testing. I would guess that the...
  13. Xulonn

Sara Schweiger of Moon Audio says:
  14. Xulonn

This is what a "proper" 6F2+6P1 $160 vcuum tube amplifier looks like - and it is rated at 12wpc.
Top Bottom