Recent content by Olius

1. Olius

Hedd Audio Type 07 MK2

If the AD conversion in the speaker is good enough, and I have no reason to believe it isn't, then using the analog input should be totally fine. My Genelec speakers have both AES and analog in and I heard no difference in audio quality when I switched to AES.
  2. Olius

Hedd Audio Type 07 MK2

AES is a digital audio format that typically uses XLR as its connector. The Universal Audio Apollo Twin does not have a digital audio output, only analog. Analog TRS out of the Apollo into the analog input of the speakers works as you noted. The AES input on the speakers expect digital audio...
  3. Olius

Genelec 8361A Review (Powered Monitor)

Genelec has now quoted this review on their instagram :)
  4. Olius

Need advice, Genelec 8361A volume control suggestions

I think that paragraph is weirdly worded. It feels like it's missing an "even". I think they meant to write it as "Even when the digital audio source can adjust level, it is advantageous to lower the output level of the 8361A using the rear panel controls or the GLM Master Fader" You are...
  5. Olius

Genelec 8361A Review (Powered Monitor)

When I bought my 8351Bs the dealer included the GLM kit free of charge. No remote though.
  6. Olius

B&W 800D4 series

No, I think what @richard12511 means is that the bigger the size difference between the tweeter and midwoofer, the bigger the directivity error. If the tweeter was waveguided to match the dispersion of the midwoofer, the size of the midwoofer wouldn't matter as much.
  7. Olius

KEF LS50 Meta Review (Speaker)

Post #3 in this thread: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/give-me-your-opinion-on-my-listening-impressions.25346/ Was it the one you were thinking of?
  8. Olius

Genelec 8341A spinorama and measurements

You didn’t miss anything, I got them very recently and I haven’t updated my original thread about it yet since I still need to take a good picture :) My impressions so far: Compared to Genelec M040 there are a few things that are very noticeable: They play lower. the M040s got to around 40Hz...
  9. Olius

Genelec 8341A spinorama and measurements

I carefully poked my 8351Bs to check, ring 2 seems to have something to do with the tweeter grille, ring 1 is soft and appears to be the suspension for the mid driver.
  10. Olius

Kii Audio's "Three": Let me know if you would like to see it reviewed

As far as I understand it, the Klippel NFS analyses the sound field emanating from the speaker in all directions. The Kii Three uses cancellation to achieve directional dispersion further down in the frequency range. But what's measured is more or less the sum of the speaker's drivers working...
  11. Olius

Items submitted for Review

@Mountain Goat Has sent in a MOTU UltraLite Mk5 for review. This one I'm very interested in.
  12. Olius

Genelec 8320a Review (Powered Monitor)

I found it. There is an 8320A sitting on top of the subwoofer. I still wonder what it's for though. EDIT: nvm, it says in the article: "Additionally, an 8320A compact two-way nearfield monitor sits atop the 7380A, to provide an upwards frequency extension above 120 Hz. This acts as a...
  13. Olius

Genelec 8320a Review (Powered Monitor)

That setup is really cool! It's a bit funny though that they list 1x8320A in a kit list that's full of "Ones". I wonder where that one is used.
  14. Olius

Genelec 8351B Review (Studio Monitor)

Wouldn't the same dealers that stock the black ones be able to get you white ones? The wait might be longer but to me that still seems less cumbersome than getting hold of the colour code, finding matching spray paint and spraying them yourself. That's what I would do anyway :) BTW I realise...
  15. Olius

Genelec 8351B Review (Studio Monitor)

You mean the Genelec 8000-325 stands? They are available in both black and white.
Top Bottom