Recent content by NoFuzz

1. NoFuzz

Great series on Audessey failings and how to correct

The first video is very thorough, quite a lot of information which is good of course if you want to know about the why's and how's. I think if you "shortcut" what is the method here, it's exchanging the audyssey "reference curve" with the Harman curve. There seems to be 2 ways of doing...
  2. NoFuzz

Amirs' test tracks (Spotify playlist + how AI "hears" them)

Updated: https://listen.tidal.com/playlist/099c78b3-f4dc-4a8b-8e3a-6ceef5358d16
  3. NoFuzz

To NAD C658 owners - Can someone please test this for me? (female vocal distortion)

I owned a T758 AV receiver, having the same issue. I did some posting about it, 2019 : https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/review-and-measurements-of-nad-t758-v3-avr.8912/post-232097 If this is still a problem...wow. Can you try "Free of the Feeling" by Jesca Hoop (and...
  4. NoFuzz

SMSL SU-8 Version 2 Balanced DAC

Did you try other USB cables?
  5. NoFuzz

Tidal reportedly enabling bit-perfect playback to USB DAC on Android

Same here, on a Samsung S8 on SMSL SU8. Using USB cable that came with the SMSL SU8 and USBC-USB adapter that came with the Samsung S8. I'd have thought all these 8's would work perfectly together ;-) Shows 192 khz with any song playing, whether phone says "Master" or "Hifi". (Tidal app version...
  6. NoFuzz

Amirs' test tracks (Spotify playlist + how AI "hears" them)

Great list, thanks! It's what I tend to like best about any equipment review: the music to discover! I've converted it for Tidal users: https://listen.tidal.com/playlist/e277c1ea-e881-469a-aa7f-4494a281e653
  7. NoFuzz

Ok, that explains...what is this certain time? Measurement freaks as we are, right ;-)
  8. NoFuzz

I'm sorry for that, I wasn't aware and did not mean it in any way as negative, more as a positive thing! Can't edit my post though, can't find a button to "edit post" ...? Apparently it's not available if posted using mobile, could that be? Because I can see it in this -by laptop- reply :confused:
  9. NoFuzz

I have used the XLR connections now for about a year, without any pops, no matter what I change in the menu or in the feed. Outputs connected to a Music Hall A70.2 and tested with Chifi Aiyima A04 en some other chifi amp, can't remember it's name. Inputs mostly from Chromecast Audio (SPDIF...
  10. NoFuzz

Just received the SU-8 and really sounded like it had to warm up. First impressions when listening at night were harsh, thin sound. Can't tell if it's my ears, my mind or my DAC but the next morning it sounded smoother and fuller. Right now I am very happy with the sound I only hear music now...
  11. NoFuzz

Help needed to select AVR for basement home theater!!

Hi Bullet0770, Don't focus too much on the measurements. Try some receivers (if that is a possibility of course) in your own setup: room and speakers. I have tried a lot of them, NAD t758v3 which measured badly here was too my ears and in my setup the best sounding for music. For movies I...
  12. NoFuzz

Review and Measurements of NAD T758 V3 AVR

I could return my NAD T758v3 and bought a Denon X4500H. Not because of these measurements because I really liked the sound (on lower levels: when playing louder, it gets kind of harsh, I guess that is distortion). It is because of the distortion on 44.1 tracks which I could hear in most tracks...
  13. NoFuzz

When my speaker configuration for the front speakers is set to "small", I can hear distortions, independent of volume. It depends on the sound and anything near pure sine waves (like a choir singing) and probably at a certain frequency (Did not really test that out) distortion can emerge. Since...
  14. NoFuzz

If I understand this correctly, it has not much use to connect a poweramp to the NAD t758v3, it will still show (ehm, sound) distortion? This is my first post and yes, I got here because of these very disappointing measurements of the T758v3. I own it but could possibly return it still, though...
Top Bottom