Recent content by nm4711

1. N

DIY bookshelf suggestion

https://heissmann-acoustics.de/en/kompaktlautsprecher/ These designs might be interesting for you.
  2. N

Apple AirPods Max Review (Noise Cancelling Headphone)

As far as I understand, when using the accessibility setting, you always get dynamic compression. The strengths setting should determine how much compression you get. So for listening to music, I actually use my Windows laptop with EQ APO, despite having an iPhone.
  3. N

Denon AVR-X3600H AV Receiver Review

I had something similar with an older Denon AVR and my DIY active speakers with Hypex Plate amps. In my case the problem was a pretty bad 5 m Cinch cable, wich collected alot of 50 Hz hum, while the AVR is turned off. Two things helped: 1. After turning on the AVR, the problem went away. I...
  4. N

mini/micro subwoofer thread

@KSTR already made the exception for power handling.
  5. N

Introducing Directiva - An ASR open source platform speaker project

Yeah, you are so right. ;) Will be interesting to see, what decisions you will make and why, during the design process. Also there is alot I and all the members can learn, if you share all steps and details and we get a proper measurement from amirm in the end.
  6. N

Introducing Directiva - An ASR open source platform speaker project

Great plan! I planed and made a pair of pretty similar speakers back last summer/fall. It was tough to coose, but I went with the PTT4.0X04, to get smaller width. My speakers are around 12 litres (13,5 cm x 32 cm x 28 cm) and my goal was, to keep height and depth exactly the same as a standard...
  7. N

Are there pitfalls of using an iOS device as a low-cost streamer?

What I meant is, that you have a DAC with this quality in the iPod anyways, since the iPod has a headphone output. Of course you can use an external DAC for high sampling rate and MQA (and display ;-) ).
  8. N

Are there pitfalls of using an iOS device as a low-cost streamer?

If you need analog output only, you could even use the DAC of the iPod. As seen in the measurement of the Apple Dongle (I guess it has the same or a similar DAC), performance is not bad at all. But it has only ~1.1 V, not 2 V.
  9. N

Anyone using HiFiBerry Beocreate 4 with Audiolense or Acourate for the DSP crossover ?

PCM over Toslink supports only stereo. Multichannel is only supported with Dolby Digital or something like this, wich is not supported by the Beocrate. If you install Hifiberry OS on your Pi, you can easily program the DSP via the web interface of the Hifiberry OS. There is no need for...
  10. N

Opinions on Hypex Plate (FusionAMP) Amplifiers?

I have got a pair of FA 122, and I am happy with them. A friend of mine has a pair of FA 253 and is happy, too. While we installed them we discovered, that the gain from the tweeter amp is actually lower. But I think it is good this way, so you get even lower noise in the tweeter channel. After...
  11. N

Apple's first high-end headphones

I think it will be possible together with the next generation Apple TV. Maybe you have to scan the room with the camera of your phone (or LiDAR, wich would be kinda dump, since you need a Pro phone or tablet), to get the position of your TV screen relative to your Apple TV (and room). For me...
  12. N

Please recommend an amplifier for my speakers!

The mentioned amps are no snakeoil. You should really consider Class D if you want this power, but don‘t want to pay this much. Purifi Eigentakt or Hypex nCore for example.
  13. N

JBL SDP-55 Audio/Video Processor Review

On the website they state in the features list, that they use a 9028 Pro with -120 dB THD+N. But in the Specs they state -100 dB THD+N. Advertising with the DACs specs, while knowing that your product isn't even close to it. :facepalm:
  14. N

Digione or Digione Signature?

Yes, it sends a clean Coax signal out, because it does not recieve the clock signal from the Pi, but from a clock on the board (the big silver thing). It recovers the clock signal and generates clean i2s clock signals with the needed frequency for the datatransfer from the Pi (Digione is clock...
Top Bottom