Recent content by Docmoggy

1. Docmoggy

Bricasti M1SE Stereo DAC Review

This review confirms the axiom that the true performance of audio equipment is the ability to reproduce "musical" fidelity without added distortion ( even if this product is slightly dated).. As Amir states, a huge volume of equipment costing 5% of the price of this piece of retro abstractness...
  2. Docmoggy

Mytek Brooklyn Bridge II Streamer Review

I bought Mytek's Brooklyn Bridge a few years ago. It was one of the first "all in one" DACS to also offer networked compatibility with Tidal's higher sampling rates and MQA for around $3000. It was a game changer, with a unique integrated bundle with good headphone amplification, capable preamp...
  3. Docmoggy

AI and Future of Music Production

Most impressive submission, well done. I shall be reading some of these references.
  4. Docmoggy

What ever it chooses to do is a direct result if human condition. It is a mathematical determinant - derived statistically. A neural network is far from the cognitive process function of the brain. The computer used binary calculations via transistors to make a good guess. Its pretty straight...
  5. Docmoggy

Ummm, interesting point of view. However, I wonder, did the image appear because the device that generated it suddenly had the idea of generating it or did someone have to input the instructions for it to come up with that image using a selection of words that was typed into the device...
  6. Docmoggy

I'm a bit late to this conversation, but it's a very interesting topic area. AI is a mathematical concept that's been around for quite some time. Indeed the great Alan Turing was probably the originator of one of the very first examples of a working algorithm. However, the term algorithm can be...
  7. Docmoggy

Benchmark AHB2 Review (Updated Measurements)

In your opinion. Mine is, knowledge is a virtue.
  8. Docmoggy

An independent review is always a good method to verify claims being made. The scientific community relies on this process seems to work pretty well.
  9. Docmoggy

After years of wasting money on fancy stuff, I thought I’d finally reached Valhalla when I arrived at Benchmarks paired with the SMSL SU10 and Topping Pre 90.. Now both, Topping and SMSL have brought out DACS with dual ES9039 chips! I can’t wait for the review of these two potentially new...
  10. Docmoggy

Hidizs MP145 IEM Review

I see Amir has reviewed many IEMS and I wonder if he would provide an overview of products covering the price range spectrum? I mean from the cheapest - Truthear to the most expensive. I see he reviewed the 64 Audio and didn't recommend them (I wonder if any of the Obravo offerings would get the...
  11. Docmoggy

Topping G5 Review (Portable DAC & HP Amp)

I am looking into this because my G5 is just too heavy and cumbersome when joined to the I phone. As other people have remarked there is only scant warning of battery run out and then it takes ages to charge. However, there is no detracting from the fact that it is very very good for the money...
  12. Docmoggy

Truthear Nova IEMs

Thanks chap. I've got a Schuberth C4 with intercom which has just enough clearance with foam plugs, but I only used it a few times because the helmet bluetooth connection was rubbish with the iphone. No chance with full close faced though! Gives me an idea to use the Hexa now as the Zero is...
  13. Docmoggy

Truthear Nova IEMs

Received Nova today. Bitter sweet as I did pay full price from Shenzhen Audio. However, the packaging was surprisingly flatter would have fitted through my letterbox had I not bumped into the postman. What a journey my box of goodies have made I thought as I ripped into the plastic envelope...
  14. Docmoggy

Truthear Nova IEMs

I'm waiting for mine to drop, but once they arrive I'll be comparing the Nova with the Zero and Hexa using the Truthear SHIO DAC dongle and Topping portable DAC. It will be interesting to compare Hexa and Nova basically because of the price difference. There was a $30 hike in price between the...
Top Bottom