• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

The New King?

ceausuc

More attention to output stage, power filtering and DPLL.

Are you the designer of the new dac ? :)

I wonder if DX7pro will still be produced. It will look kind of obsolete...

Quomz

Are you the designer of the new dac ? :)

I wonder if DX7pro will still be produced. It will look kind of obsolete...
DX7pro is not a DAC, but combination of DAC and Amp / Pre-amp. Different products, so they will not necessarily make each other obsolete.

ceausuc

DX7pro is not a DAC, but combination of DAC and Amp / Pre-amp. Different products, so they will not necessarily make each other obsolete.

well.. DX7pro is not a preamp. and the headphone amp is nothing special

Quomz

well.. DX7pro is not a preamp. and the headphone amp is nothing special
Even if you are not impressed by the headphone amplifier in it it is still there. And the XLR and RCA line outs have adjustable volume, that’s what a preamp is, right?

WolfX-700

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
All-THD+N-Ratio.jpg

FT.jpg

FTZoom.jpg

1KFFTAll.jpg

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Looks like AKM filtering, not ESS.

Reactions: Tks

TheTalbotHound

Forum Donor

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
No, 7 filters. AKM only has 6 i think. I think this might have been done at 48khz. hence the cutoff frequencies being shifted a bit relative to the 44.1k ones

Ah, good point. Too used to amirms 44.1 tests :facepalm:

Reactions: Tks

Evolan

With measurements like this one begs the question... why get anything else for a Dac.. I mean wow.

ShiZo

Forum Donor
Is there something different about these filters than usual?

ShiZo

Forum Donor
No. Just filter 1 was selected when sent to Wolf instead of the default one.
But there are graphs of the ultrasonics for each filter right? Actually, those might not be that at all :p.

linger63

With measurements like this one begs the question... why get anything else for a Dac.. I mean wow.

Because there are quite a few cheaper and more expensive DAC's with varying feature sets which also measure extremely well (way beyond the realm of audibility) and I would expect most, including this latest D90SE, to be relatively indistinguishable from each other in proper ABX tests.

I would also expect some of the more expensive ones to have superior analog output stages and LPS's which could contribute to even better presentation vs the cheaper ones......... and actually discovered this for myself when comparing my old Topping D90 and Gustard X16
with my Gustard X26 Pro.

Last edited:

TheTalbotHound

Forum Donor
Gustard X26 pro does seem to have quite a bit better crosstalk performance than the D90SE.

linger63

Gustard X26 pro does seem to have quite a bit better crosstalk performance than the D90SE.

I can't believe the progress made and value for money with all the latest Chinese DAC offerings.
And.......no matter what you buy........... there seems to be something just around the corner that measures even better or is just as good but cheaper with handier features.

When will it end???:)

Top Bottom