• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Glaciers Appear to be Growing, not Melting in Recent Years

Status
Not open for further replies.

NTomokawa

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I, for one, welcome our new Global Warming overlord. A few billion less ‘umans seems like a very nice outcome.
Yes but how do you know that you won't be part of those few billions?

Wombat

Master Contributor
Yeah, the world is ending... Or that's what some want you to believe.

The world won't end but sure will be messed-up big time.

gikigill

Just global warming groupies. You won't be happy until the lights go out.

No different to fossil fuel groupies, you wont be happy till all of us are dead.

Your persistence seems to suggest you have heavy investments in Fossil Fuels.

Stock portfolios don't matter if we are all dead.

bigx5murf

Addicted to Fun and Learning
What I'd like to know is why the solution is always more taxes and more government? Government does a terrible and/or inefficient job at literally every single one of their responsibilities. Unless of course it involves collecting taxes, taking away rights, and killing people.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
All these logical fallacies are getting me hot and steamy like a Texan tornado.
Speaking of a Texas tornado. What is the similarity between a Texas tornado and a divorce.> Somebody's gonna loose a trailer ;P

gikigill

What I'd like to know is why the solution is always more taxes and more government? Government does a terrible and/or inefficient job at literally every single one of their responsibilities. Unless of course it involves collecting taxes, taking away rights, and killing people.

The Government has had to institute rights for African-Americans and LGBT in the USA. It took the right of some folks to be bigots but that's a matter for another discussion.

You might be in more for a shock if you saw how your taxes support the car and fossil fuel industry.
Every car or fossil fuel industry anywhere in the world depends on Govt handouts whether American or Japanese or Chinese or Indian or whatever.

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
No different to fossil fuel groupies, you wont be happy till all of us are dead.

Your persistence seems to suggest you have heavy investments in Fossil Fuels.

Stock portfolios don't matter if we are all dead.

You are speculating and being rude. You don't have to die to make me happy, but a bad case of diarrhea is what you deserve.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
The Government has had to institute rights for African-Americans and LGBT in the USA. It took the right of some folks to be bigots but that's a matter for another discussion.

You might be in more for a shock if you saw how your taxes support the car and fossil fuel industry.
Every car or fossil fuel industry anywhere in the world depends on Govt handouts whether American or Japanese or Chinese or Indian or whatever.
The petroleum industry took humanity out of a rural farming life and enabled humanity to achieve what it has. Yes, there is a new progression but don't make the petroleum industry out to be demonic and a big conspiracy. It's a business like any other.

Wombat

Master Contributor
You are speculating and being rude. You don't have to die to make me happy, but a bad case of diarrhea is what you deserve.

You being rude is OK, of course.

gikigill

You are looking to be offended and searching for offense with all your factless figures like the $3.5 trillion figure and other speculation.

I,ll ask again, does your portfolio have heavy fossil fuel investments?

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
You are looking to be offended and searching for offense with all your factless figures like the $3.5 trillion figure and other speculation.

I,ll ask again, does your portfolio have heavy fossil fuel investments?

None of your god damn business.

gikigill

The petroleum industry took humanity out of a rural farming life and enabled humanity to achieve what it has. Yes, there is a new progression but don't make the petroleum industry out to be demonic and a big conspiracy. It's a business like any other.

No doubt about that but petro will not last forever. The stone age didn't finish because we ran out of stones but we can do better and theres no conspiracy to the subsidies petro receives or the pollution it causes.

Full disclosure; I am the last of a 4 generation family that has been moving fuel and lubricants for a living. We have skin in the game but we also know where the future lies.

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
@gikigill this is where your future lies:

"Greenies dream of a better world where humans sit on the forest floor wearing animal skins, eating nuts and twigs, starving frequently, bearing children on leaves who die of strep or Cholera by age 6. Try it for a few weeks. After a while, it’s not something that makes most people want to give up housing, central heat and AC, clean water, indoor plumbing, refrigeration, transportation, cotton t-shirts, medical care and so on. The most outspoken greenies are such monster hypocrites words can’t capture the nonsense."
Written by a friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom