• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Obi-Wan Kenobi

Beershaun

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I enjoyed Obi-Wan Kenobi last night. Got to watch it with friends in my new home theater setup and it looked and sounded fantastic! :) I agree this feels more like a movie than a TV series in the first 2 episodes. I really like how they are setting the stage for everything in a galaxy in full Empire/autocrat mode. How Obi-Wan has lost his former confidence and bravado as a defeated man hiding from the world unsure of himself and whether he has anything to offer. I like how this sets up the relationship between himself and Princess Leia to create the relationship that will eventually cause her to seek him out when she says "Obi-Wan, you are my only hope" in the projected message in A New Hope.

Mnyb

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
..... and yes I liked it :) it is Star Wars , you can nitpick on a lot of stuff in it. But I won’t

Bleib

Major Contributor
Obi wan is sadly still boring, he's only interesting in the original trilogy

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
I did cringe at many of the things like spaceships making sounds in space
If a tree falls in the forest, and no ones around to hear it, does it still make a noise? :p

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
If a tree falls in the forest, and no ones around to hear it, does it still make a noise? :p
There is that....and I was thinking along those lines when I typed it. :) I took a sci-fi buddy with me to see the screening, and he leaned over and said something to the effect that there'd be no sound, but it sure sounds cool. But vaccuum isn't so friendly to sound propagation, is it?

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
There is that....and I was thinking along those lines when I typed it. :) I took a sci-fi buddy with me to see the screening, and he leaned over and said something to the effect that there'd be no sound, but it sure sounds cool. But vaccuum isn't so friendly to sound propagation, is it?
Man, all those Star ---- movies sure would get boring if all the ship sounds were gone. :(
Not to mention laser-sabre sounds. :facepalm:

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Man, all those Star ---- movies sure would get boring if all the ship sounds were gone. :(
Not to mention laser-sabre sounds. :facepalm:
The sound guys did some good stuff on it....the pod racer sound was another cool one.

FWIW

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
I'm just a junkie for all that fun Action-Fi stuff.
If it wasn't for that, who would need all the top shelf IMAX-Cinema-HT stuff.
It's no use for all the chick-flix crap they make today. ;)

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Saw E02 yesterday. It was an improvement from episode 1. Still don’t like the Riva character though.

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Ep 1 part 2 or is there actually an episode 2 available already?
The episode are just called “part I” and “part II”. It’s still two episodes..

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Still don’t like the Riva character though.
Me either, just hoping she gets whats coming to her soon..
The sound guys did some good stuff on it....the pod racer sound was another cool one.
The only Star-Wars movie I really slammed was the one that starred the stupid Jar Jar Binks dude.
A character totally written to attract the 6 year olds.
But then I'm not alone, just read with the Wiki has to say.

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
The episode are just called “part I” and “part II”. It’s still two episodes..
I thought on my streamer it indicated Episode 1 part 1 and 2....I was wondering why they did it that way.

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Me either, just hoping she gets whats coming to her soon..

The only Star-Wars movie I really slammed was the one that starred the stupid Jar Jar Binks dude.
A character totally written to attract the 6 year olds.
But then I'm not alone, just read with the Wiki has to say.
Jar jar rubbed many the wrong way....for good reason.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
I thought on my streamer it indicated Episode 1 part 1 and 2....I was wondering why they did it that way.
That's just the way most ongoing TV series are numbered.
With usually having the first year of productions labeled as Season 1 - Episode 1, Season 1 - Episode 2 etc.
If the series should continue beyoud the first year it'll change to Season 2 - Episode X --------
I guess they expect it to have enough strength to run for a while.
Star Trek Picard on Paramount+ (which I very much enjoyed) just finished Season 2 with an already announced Season 3 on cue for next year.

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Star Trek Picard on Paramount+ (which I very much enjoyed) just finished Season 2 with an already announced Season 3 on cue for next year.
That has nothing to do with it apparent succes. The seasons (2 and 3) were basically filmed back to back. The fact that they announced the new season just two episodes in already tells an interesting story in of itself.

Top Bottom