• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

New Purifi amplifiers coming

mocenigo

Major Contributor
At the High End I met Purifi, and I was offered a sneak peek of the new 1ET9040BA. Available soon-ish, this amplifier module is a full bridge topology (a first for Bruno Putzeys?) and it has a residual noise of 8uV, so it beats the newest NCorex's. As for power and stability, if I understood correctly load impedance is not a problem as long as the amp does not have to deliver more than 90V (180 actually, it is from -90 to +90) or 40A of current. The top is reached at 2 ohm, a "conservative" 1500W. If these numbers for power and stability are correct we have a game changer. A buffer and connectors are on board, but you can "snap" that off. It will be available on their shop as soon as they can get the parts, as you know currently component supplies are vey very tight.

Attachments

• IMG_5432.jpeg
    IMG_5432.jpeg
    293.4 KB · Views: 2,168
Last edited:

tifune

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Did he mention any specific integrators already on deck for delivery?

phoenixdogfan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Will they have their own SMPS or will we need to use a Hypex unit, and which one? Thinking this could be a match made in heaven for speakers like the Kef Reference 1 Meta, March Audio Sointuva, and Ascend Sierra LX's which push out l.t. 85 db with 2.83 Vrms.

OP
M

mocenigo

Major Contributor
Did he mention any specific integrators already on deck for delivery?

Nope. Of course this type of information is highly confidential, but I know of at least one integrator that went there, not sure whether this one will use these particular products. He also came to my home to listen to my system and he seemed to be impressed by my speakers.

OP
M

mocenigo

Major Contributor
Will they have their own SMPS or will we need to use a Hypex unit, and which one? Thinking this could be a match made in heaven for speakers like the Kef Reference 1 Meta, March Audio Sointuva, and Ascend Sierra LX's which push out l.t. 85 db with 2.83 Vrms.

That one can use the Hypex 2K power supply. They are working on their own, I knew this for some time, but they are not yet ready. They want to do something special.

OP
M

mocenigo

Major Contributor
Should be just about enough power (and more importantly, voltage) for my Soundlabs. As long as it doesn't mind a 1 ohm impedance around 20 khz.

Well it won’t be able to deliver more than 400w, probably a bit less.

Of course the eternal question......at what cost..........for the amps?

No pricing information, but looking at how many components, double that of a 1ET400A would be fair.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Well it won’t be able to deliver more than 400w, probably a bit less.

No pricing information, but looking at how many components, double that of a 1ET400A would be fair.
Well the voltage is what helps on ESL's. The Soundlabs have an impedance above 12 ohms and rising in the lower frequencies where most of the power of music is. Being able to swing that much voltage will give it more power there, but not be a big current strain on the amp.

Vacceo

Major Contributor
I may sound a bit dense, but I'd rather ask. I have seen two Purifi modules on amps. One offers a bit more power and a bit less SINAD while the other is the opposite.

What does this new one change in terms of performance to those two?

OP
M

mocenigo

Major Contributor
I may sound a bit dense, but I'd rather ask. I have seen two Purifi modules on amps. One offers a bit more power and a bit less SINAD while the other is the opposite.

What does this new one change in terms of performance to those two?

Even more power, and better SINAD at the same time. Also, the 1ET7040SA won’t be available for DIY (at least, this is not currently planned) whereas the 1ET9040BA will be

The naming scheme seems to be
1 = number of channels, in this case 1 (edited)
ET = EigenTakt
70/90 = volts
40 = ampere
S/B = single ended / bridged
A = amplifier module

Previously it was just 1ET + power at 4Ω + A(mplifier)

Roberto

Last edited:

Vacceo

Major Contributor
I was thinking about ordering an Apollon multichannel behemoth. Turns out it may be a good idea to wait a little bit. :)

Thanks Mocenigo!

OP
M

mocenigo

Major Contributor
I was thinking about ordering an Apollon multichannel behemoth. Turns out it may be a good idea to wait a little bit. :)

Thanks Mocenigo!

I do not think there will be sound differences and the new modules will be way more expensive. So you should purchase it when you need it. And Apollon does proper assembling! Unless you really need the 40A current the 1ET400A is the better buy.

KMO

Addicted to Fun and Learning
The naming scheme seems to be
1ET = first version of EigenTakt typology
I think it's more likely the "1" there indicates number of channels. But we shall see. At least the mysterious "S" in 1ET7040SA has now been unmasked.

OP
M

mocenigo

Major Contributor
I think it's more likely the "1" there indicates number of channels. But we shall see. At least the mysterious "S" in 1ET7040SA has now been unmasked.

Kim Madsen just informed me privately that it is indeed the number of channels .

Roberto

Vacceo

Major Contributor
I do not think there will be sound differences and the new modules will be way more expensive. So you should purchase it when you need it. And Apollon does proper assembling! Unless you really need the 40A current the 1ET400A is the better buy.
I was thinking about paring those precise modules with an Anthem AVM 90, so the bottleneck should be the AVM itself, not the amp.

Thanks for the heads up!

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
"The sourcing situation is still bad" wrote Lars today, so it is going to take a while...

Top Bottom