• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Gustard X26Pro Review (Balanced High-end DAC)

shakarone`

Hi Shakarone, have you fixed the cutting out/skipping? As I am having the same problem sporadically. I am already running the beta firmware...
Sorry for the late reply, i tried many different ways to fix the issue but i was unable to and ended up returning it which is a shame since i really liked the sound. I have seen a few others have the same problem but i'm not willing to take the risk to purchase another unit

PointyFox

So far I've only experienced dropouts once. I was using i2s input while running the beta firmware. Power cycling fixed it.

Red@

No dropouts for me.
Only issue is (like the other owners basically) the "DSD" format displayed when there is no dsd played.
Other than that it is quite a treat

Rantenti

Hi, my first post here on ASR. :) Is someone here using UAPP from Android phone as source for X26Pro? I have small connection drop outs that seem to be periodical. I can observe it best when palying MQA from Tidal when it happens X26Pro displays PCM source and after 0.5s maybe switches back to MQA on display and playback continues until it happens again. Any ideas please? Thank you!
Hi and welcome! I also occasionally have transient dropouts while playing Tidal MQA (and I vaguely remember perhaps also once or twice playing mp3) via USB. Completely random and too infrequent to force me to pause my enjoyment to find out why. Happens to my old and new computer. I hope the Firmware update will take care of this problem.

migo77

Hi and welcome! I also occasionally have transient dropouts while playing Tidal MQA (and I vaguely remember perhaps also once or twice playing mp3) via USB. Completely random and too infrequent to force me to pause my enjoyment to find out why. Happens to my old and new computer. I hope the Firmware update will take care of this problem.
Hi, thank you for your insight. I've found culprit of this drop outs. It was caused by Android usb driver, UAPP was using default Android USB driver that is causing this short drops/pops. I can hear it listening to Radio Paradise app too.

Switching to UAPP internal USB driver solved this issue for me completely! It was a user (my) fault.

28B audio

Sorry for the late reply, i tried many different ways to fix the issue but i was unable to and ended up returning it which is a shame since i really liked the sound. I have seen a few others have the same problem but i'm not willing to take the risk to purchase another unit
Thanks for the reply, sad to hear you had to return the unit. I believe my problem is gone after I switched to COMPOSITE PCM filter. Knock on wood, so far so good.

dandaroy

How do you enable the DAC mode on this dac? The manual says that you long press for 5 sec the DAC button on the remote, but nothing happens on the screen. I can still change the volume up and down.

UCrazyKid

How do you enable the DAC mode on this dac? The manual says that you long press for 5 sec the DAC button on the remote, but nothing happens on the screen. I can still change the volume up and down.
The remote can support a few devices. Pressing the DAC button, put the remote in “DAC” mode. There is not a “preamp” or “DAC” mode for this unit. Just set the volume to 0.0db and leave it for “DAC” mode.

Sparky

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Hi all.

I'm considering the X26 pro but just needed to know if both the XLR and RCA outputs can be used at the same time? I plan to run my Genelec 8341's via the XLR output and the RCA outputs to a minidsp 2x4HD for my subs.

Would this work?

migo77

Hi all.

I'm considering the X26 pro but just needed to know if both the XLR and RCA outputs can be used at the same time? I plan to run my Genelec 8341's via the XLR output and the RCA outputs to a minidsp 2x4HD for my subs.

Would this work?
Hi, yes all outputs can work together.

Sparky

Forum Donor
Would the X26 Pro be a good pairing as a pre-amp to the 8341's?
I know there would be an additional AD/DA conversion within the Genelecs if feeding them via XLR but if studios can do it then its all good right?

Sparky

Forum Donor
My XLRs are connected to Gustard H20 HP amp and RCA is connected do speaker amp.
You can get bogged down in the "how best to connect up" scenario.......I'm not going to rush into this as it isn't a cheap DAC but its right at the top of the list!

UCrazyKid

Would the X26 Pro be a good pairing as a pre-amp to the 8341's?
I know there would be an additional AD/DA conversion within the Genelecs if feeding them via XLR but if studios can do it then its all good right?
If the speaker is going to digitize it again and then decode it, why even bother? Is there no way around it?

Sparky

Forum Donor
If the speaker is going to digitize it again and then decode it, why even bother? Is there no way around it?
The only way around it is to feed the Genelecs with an AES/EBU input which will require a DAC with that particular output.
This limits the options really including the X26. I currently use a miniDSP SHD and convert the Digital Coaxial Output from 75Ohm to 110Ohm with a converter. I'm probably going to sell the SHD because it is overkill for what I use it for so I'm looking for a replacement device.

bkdc

Forum Donor
Is anyone having success connecting a CD Transport to the Gustard X26 Pro? Compatibility with CD Transports is an issue with multiple Topping DACs. I've read about issues which are making me avoid the Topping D90 (not sure if the SE is also at issue), and I'd like to connect my CEC TL-5 to a Chi-DAC.

Sound measurements quality aside, functional reliability with other components is the question.

migo77

Is anyone having success connecting a CD Transport to the Gustard X26 Pro? Compatibility with CD Transports is an issue with multiple Topping DACs. I've read about issues which are making me avoid the Topping D90 (not sure if the SE is also at issue), and I'd like to connect my CEC TL-5 to a Chi-DAC.

Sound measurements quality aside, functional reliability with other components is the question.
I've no fancy CD player, but tried my old Onkyo CD player optically connected to X26pro and it played without any problems...
20220308_114305.jpg

bkdc

Forum Donor
Hong Kong and Shenzhen are dealing with a horrific Covid outbreak, and I’m wondering if this is affecting the shipping and handling from Chinese sellers.

Top Bottom