• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

EQ Software for Windows, Linux, macOS, iOS/iPadOS and Android.

WhoSaidThat

Just providing a tip for anyone who is tired of creating EqualizerAPO config files by transcribing them from oratory1990 PDFs (and doesn't use AutoEQ); MS CoPilot/Chat can create the text for you directly from oratory1990's PDFs. Here's the short script I used after loading up the PDF in my browser (Edge) and the response I got for my Truthear Red (attached):

View attachment 328264

I loaded the text file into Peace - worked a treat.

Also works for FooBar2000's MathAudio plugin. CoPilot will generate code you can copy into a txt file, and them import directly into MathAudio.

... And also for AutoEQ/Wavelet.
Apologies, Copilot says it can do it for AutoEq and happily produces code, but it does not work. I think AutoEq needs the X-Y co-ordinates of the eq curve, which you can't easily drive from oratory1990's PDFs.

dasdoing

Major Contributor
IMO, AQUA-EQ is the best and easiest tool to use with Equalizer APO to apply various headphone presets. It has presets to EQ over 4700 headphone measurements to the Harman, IEF Neutral, and IEF with Bass target curves.

For Android, Wavelet is the best.

wow. will test this

Mike710

Sound Forge Studio 17 Is on sale at 81% off ($29.99), If anyone Is Interested...
Sound Forge 17 US Store

Sound Forge Audio Lab 4 Is also on sale, same price as above. iZotope Ozone 11 Elements Included.

Last edited:

Mike710

How would one use VST plugins (EQ) on Foobar2000? Can´t seem to find guidance on this subject.

Thanks

Mike710

Last edited:

Mike710

I regularly use a modern vst3 plugin with this, so it works great.
Contrary to EQApo that only supports vst2.
Happy to say It works like a charm! Mind you, I did need to use a 32bit version because I am using the portable version of Foobar2000 which Is 32bit...

Foobar2000vst.jpg

I am using DDMF´s 6144 EQ which Is based on Rupert Neve´s Portico 5033 channel strip EQ module. A very nice EQ In my modest opinion.

This guy makes some great plugins at a very good price, he also has demos and has a sale going on right now (Black Friday 40% off). He has some free stuff too. BTW I don´t work for him, I just like his stuff and pricing and think he deserves a mention.

DDMF:
DDMF Store

Plugin Boutique also has an on going sale (who doesn't this month LOL), and also has some good free stuff. The Blue Cat Triple EQ, and iZotope Ozone EQ are nice and free...

Plugin Boutique:
Plugin Boutique Store Free VST´s
They usually have some free giveaways every month, or at least they use to.

Cheers,
Mike

Mike710

never heard it, but must have quite some saturation going on, no?
As In It´s hardware version, the transformer Is very discrete adding a very subtle warmth to the path, even when no EQ Is used. It´s a very nice EQ which doesn't add coloration or emphasis when used. Everything It does sounds nice with nothing added or subtracted. As It should be IMO.

Mike710

I was doing some research yesterday due to the use of DSP Manager on Foobar2000 for VST use, and I though I would look Into DDMF´s Virtual Audio Stream were you could have various Instances of VST connected to you´re I/O. It a similar concept as "virtual cables". Aside from the site below from DDMF, I found a video and that´s about It...

Home page:
https://virtualaudiostream.com/

Parent site:
https://www.ddmf.eu/

Still have to give this more though but at a first glance It could be a better alternative to the already known process of EQ AOP/PEACE, or Foobar2000 DSP Manager/VST.

Cheers

DWPress

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I though I would look Into DDMF´s Virtual Audio Stream were you could have various Instances of VST connected to you´re I/O.
There is a nicer version of this offered by JUCE for Mac and PC called AudioPlugginHost.app. Element is also an option but I haven't tested it in awhile.

Mnoma109

Can anyone educate me and provide some tips to get the Harman Overlay and where to find FR graphs for the headphones so I can see the curves for myself in Peace?

sweetchaos

Major Contributor
The Curator
Take a look at:

voltronic

I'm considering jumping into the REW/EAPO pool soon. I want to do correction for my studio monitors and headphones. Is this pair of apps still the best way to go? I plan to follow Julian krause's method and start with his house curve.

I know that a calibrated mic like the Umik is typically recommended, but is there a way for the end user to calibrate other high quality mics for this? I own a pair of DPA 4006A which are fantastic, but I don't have the measurement plots for them. Maybe that would be too fiddly.

Otherwise, what inexpensive calibrated mics are recommended besides Umik-1? I'm seeing good reviews for the Dayton EMM-6 and Behringer ECM8000.

Last edited:

voltronic

REW has native UMIK support. The others will be more trouble to get working.
Even the Dayton? They are individually calibrated with downloadable files on their website just like the umik. It just seems silly to pay more for a mic with a USB interface when I already have a MOTU M2 that works perfectly well, and setting the reference level in REW has to be done no matter what mic you use.

I'm removing the Behringer from consideration because I just discovered that it does not have calibration files.

I think I answered my own question about the 4006. While it's in a performance class far above any of the other mics in this discussion, it's not calibrated for measurement even though B&K uses the same capsule in measurement mics.

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Foobar2000 for MacOS has a built in parametric EQ.

Chromatischism

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Even the Dayton? They are individually calibrated with downloadable files on their website just like the umik. It just seems silly to pay more for a mic with a USB interface when I already have a MOTU M2 that works perfectly well, and setting the reference level in REW has to be done no matter what mic you use.
Well if you already have an interface that is a big part of it. I was turned off by the talk of needing phantom power. Plus, I like to be mobile with my measurements and don't want to have to carry more kit around the room/house while using it.

voltronic

Well if you already have an interface that is a big part of it. I was turned off by the talk of needing phantom power. Plus, I like to be mobile with my measurements and don't want to have to carry more kit around the room/house while using it.
I own more than a dozen condenser mics so there's no aversion to phantom power here!

Top Bottom