• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Blizzard's new Super Stream

Geardaddy

When you use it in roonbridge mode as a dumb end point which you've already done, it's still much better than DLNA like with mimiserver. I just find running the Roon core on the Superstream has an edge. Richer and more natural. Native DSD sounds much better on Roondirect than HQplayer/NAA mode.

Once you get over 24/192 PCM, I think the Superstream on its own is best in Roondirect mode paired with a dumb NAS. However with Redbook and especially Redbook from tidal on your particular DAC, HQplayer does wonders.

What needs to be clear about your setup is your DAC has a 1bit DSD bypass mode. Very few DAC's have this. If your DAC doesn't have this mode, a Superstream on its own running Roon will likely be superior for all formats/sample rates.
Mike, once I sort out my networking issues, I will do some serious A/B work.

Mivera

Major Contributor
Mike, once I sort out my networking issues, I will do some serious A/B work.

Better make it ABX if you want to post results here :)

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Canada West Coast/Vancouver Island/Victoria area
ABX tests are all flawed.

Mivera

Major Contributor
Shhhhhhhhh you mustn't say that :)

Mivera

Major Contributor
So is justice, so is democracy so is every human construct however that does not mean it's not desirable over the alternatives.
Worrying about it rather than having the ability to simply listen and enjoy would be a stress that's too much for me. Personally I'd rather worry about which track to pick rather than tweaking my gear.

Mivera

Major Contributor
I've seen your system and I can understand your bitterness. With proper knowledge sound at least as good or better could be had at 1/8th of what you invested.

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Worrying about it rather than having the ability to simply listen and enjoy would be a stress that's too much for me. Personally I'd rather worry about which track to pick rather than tweaking my gear.
Funny as you seem to be running a business 'tweaking gear' :rolleyes:

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
I've seen your system and I can understand your bitterness. With proper knowledge sound at least as good or better could be had at 1/8th of what you invested.
Not bitter, just my journey though dealing with so called highend audio has highlighted issues.

You have no idea of how my system sounds, your not qualified to make the kind of sweeping statements you do but that's your style.. In England you would be referred to as a 'gob on a stick'.

You make all sorts of corrupt assumptions Mike, That's not to say your always wrong though. Your just not right as often as you think:D

Mivera

Major Contributor
Funny as you seem to be running a business 'tweaking gear' :rolleyes:

Yes I handle the tweaking so others can relax and enjoy the music. But in return I get compensated with monetary reward. So it balances out. Some guys have better things to do with their time. And when they want to listen to music, they want it to just work hassle free with top notch results.

Mivera

Major Contributor
Not bitter, just my journey though dealing with so called highend audio has highlighted issues.

You have no idea of how my system sounds, your not qualified to make the kind of sweeping statements you do but that's your style.. In England you would be referred to as a 'gob on a stick'.

You make all sorts of corrupt assumptions Mike, That's not to say your always wrong though. Your just not right as often as you think:D

Is it ok to speak about how it sounds? Isn't that Subjective? Where's the data? What has Belles done to make the tubes measure better than transistors? How do the wooden blocks measure? Cables?

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Is it ok to speak about how it sounds? Isn't that Subjective? Where's the data? What has Belles done to make the tubes measure better than transistors? How do the wooden blocks measure? Cables?

I don't sell anything Mike, I don't make wild subjective claims that are that basis that informs my equally wild and inaccurate condemnation of what others buy. My opinion is valid to me and that's it, I share it knowing this is the case. If others chose to agree, that's up to them.

I don't hijack forums with these claims as a method of viral marketing.

I have better things to do:D

We can share subjective opinion but it's not a foundation for universal truth, nor is it undertaken as a effort to brand ones self, not for me anyhow and seemingly not for the other guys here.

I don't have any tubes in my system, never got on with the gear that used them, I have no idea what your on about regarding that and Belles.

My wooden blocks do nothing but I used to think they did.

The cables are a open question, I have my suspicions but yet to confirm them.

This all proves my point Mike so thanks! Subjective impressions are inherently corruptible. I would certainly not use them as a basis for establishing a 'truth' let along put so much conviction behind them to condemn others in their choices.

But it's brand building on a budget so I understand Mike :D

Last edited:

Mivera

Major Contributor
Our products are designed for listening with ears. However we're also going to provide the most comprehensive video taped measurement session of our products possible just to shut up the camp who is incapable of their own subjective evaluations. We feel that if both camps can be pleased you have a great product. It's not necessary to choose one or another.

What inspired you to buy your gear, measurement data, or subjective impressions?

Mivera

Major Contributor
Actually within the next couple months there won't be a single piece of essential audio gear I won't be making :)

Mivera

Major Contributor
Yes I can see you have better things to do with your time. You're clearly a busy man. Sorry for interrupting.

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
You are far too new fangled Mike, many audiophiles prefer the old fashioned methods,ie being lied to face to face by a 'used car salesmen ' engineer.
Keith.

Mivera

Major Contributor
You are far too new fangled Mike, many audiophiles prefer the old fashioned methods,ie being lied to face to face by a 'used car salesmen ' engineer.
Keith.

Yes I know I have it all wrong. The easy way is the best way.

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Cables that's where you should be, these guys believe anything you tell them, they are fruit ripe for the picking, or upgrades ,where you are shown a cup of parts which have been replaced only to discover later ( fron a proper engineer) that no parts were actually replaced at all!
Now that's class!
Keith

Mivera

Major Contributor
Cables that's where you should be, these guys believe anything you tell them, they are fruit ripe for the picking, or upgrades ,where you are shown a cup of parts which have been replaced only to discover later ( fron a proper engineer) that no parts were actually replaced at all!
Now that's class!
Keith

Belief is the most powerful reality us humans have. As long as we believe, it's real. Who's to say anything is real? Maybe we are all connected to virtual reality machines like on Total recall. And one day we will wake up to find out it was all an illusion??

Top Bottom