• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Xenns Mangird Tea2 some Owner Experience

Classical music is good, but it's too serious, and I want to listen to pop songs occasionally. So I was looking for plugs to listen to pop songs. Because I bought a Xenns earphone before, and referred to the frequency response curve and the tuning of his top earphone, I guess the sound of Tea2 should not be particularly outrageous. I placed another order for this Tea2. Knowles Sonion's drive unit, the number of units seems to be sufficient.

It just happened to be the annual Munich Hi End Messe again. Although the prices of the products at the exhibition are not so friendly, I thought I could bring headphones to listen to it.
IMG_20230520_093811.jpg

The weather is much colder this year, but there are still many people visiting the exhibition. During the two-day exhibition, I plan to start listening from earplugs, to big headphones, to small speakers, to big speakers, to very good speakers, to ridiculously good speakers. First, I went to the booth of AK, and there were several headphones of campfire next to it. There is a flat-panel with a strong low-frequency atmosphere and good high-frequency separation, but the overall sound is a bit irritating and has a very characteristic tuning. There is also a BA unit earphone, feel the sound,,, I won’t talk about it. Then I listened to the three moving coils, and the three moving coils have a lot of volume in the middle and low frequencies. Listening to bass instruments in classical music is more interesting, but the low-frequency sense is too much, and pop music is basically unhearable. AK's zero2, four units, the sound quality is not bad. The 11-unit earphones produced by ve in cooperation with tuning are well tuned and have many details. But the high frequency is slightly irritating. The price is also very exciting.

Then I listened to the headphones and walked around for a while. The rme family released a new sound card last year, and it seems to use two 9038q2m. His sound card is still very good for in-ear headphones. Then I listened to it at Chord's house.
IMG_20230520_135531.jpg

IMG_20230521_135852.jpg

Having said that, since Tea2 is a vocal pop earphone with 6BA + 1DD Hybrid IEM, I will compare it with the Aonic5 in my hand.
IMG_20230605_004907.jpg

图片1.png

Frequency response curve:
I found two frequency response test curves on the Internet. It can be found that the sound of the two earphones is relatively mild. No deafening low frequencies, no eardrum-piercing high frequencies. The high frequency is basically below this target, and the very low frequency Tea2 is a little bit out. However, from the overall frequency response, the two earphones have a more serious sound. There will be no strange timbre. In terms of details, at extremely high frequencies, Tea2 is obviously much higher than Aonic5 after 10k, that is to say, the volume and details of high frequencies will definitely be much better. Then the frequency range of the human voice is between 200-8k, and the curves of the two headphones are basically similar. At 4k, Tea2 is a little higher. Below the low frequency of 100hz, the moving coil of Tea2 obviously has a greater advantage than the low frequency moving iron of Aonic5. Because of the airtightness of the earbuds, the low-frequency test results seem to be a lot, but in fact, the sense of hearing is relatively small.

Sound comparison:

High frequency:
The multiple BA units of tea2 have significantly higher extension range. The details will be clearer than aonic5, especially the outline of the instrument is more realistic. But the overall high frequency is very mild. After changing the copper wire, there will be no irritating feeling at all. The voice is relatively gentle and not aggressive. The high frequency of aonic5 is obviously missing a lot, and the instruments will be hidden at the back of the sound field.

Mid-high frequency and vocals:
In this frequency range, the frequency response curves of the two earphones are very similar. However, due to the lack of high frequency in aonic5, it will appear very prominent in the range of human voice. The vocal combination will be directly close to the ear, and the singer seems to be singing next to your ear. Thinking of the stage ear return design concept of Shure headphones, this design that absolutely protrudes the human voice is also very suitable for use. There is no harsh high frequency and low frequency, so that the singer can hear all the details of the human voice. It can be considered as a human voice monitoring earphone. The vocals of tea2 are a bit farther than aonic5, with a sense of distance. It's as if a singer is singing in front of you. However, this distance is relatively close compared with other headphones. Such as xenns top, fiio fa9, and truthhear's hola.

Medium and low frequency:
BA still can't compare with DD's at low frequency range.

Soundstage, overall atmosphere:
The soundstage of the aonic5 is very flat, wide enough but shallow. The human voice is close to the ear. Instruments fit snugly in the back. The high frequency of the instrument, the low frequency is not very clear, hidden behind the human voice. Listening to pop music with low frequencies seems a bit bland. The sound field of tea2 is much deeper than that of aonic5. The three-dimensional sense is much better. The vocals are in front, and the instruments are scattered around. Vocals are clear enough and soft. Musical instruments also have texture, high-frequency details, and low-frequency volume and elasticity. The overall sound will be more coordinated, and it will be easier for you to indulge in fashion.

For classical music, tea2 can listen to some classical music with a small sound field and low dynamics, and the timbre is real and soft enough. But the sound field is still smaller than his top. High-frequency details and dynamics are not as good as top. But for pop music, tea2 obviously has more advantages.

Summarize:
For me, tea2 with copper wire, which is very tasteful for listening to pop music. No pursuit of too many details, no harsh high frequency, no close-to-ear human voice, no ear-shattering low frequency, no harsh sound. On the whole, the human voice is soft and delicate. You can listen to music at a low volume. When it is quiet at night, listening to pop music is also very touching.

Top Bottom