• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Wine thread - what are you enjoying?

Mikig

I recognize some names and places. I have been serving professionally and drinking unprofessionally fine Italian wines since the age of I think it was eleven. I tried all the various red and white wines that we sold at the bar of a huge Italian restaurant that I worked at for years in my early pre-teens as a bar waiter. Italian food and wine is my favorite and secondary to that is traditional Chinese food with any wine that is available...LoL. :D But yeah if you need to bribe me a nice hefty cannelloni serving with lotsa cheese and mushrooms with a very dry red will be a good starting point.
I ate cannelloni just the other night...but rosé wine from Garda!

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
View attachment 366218View attachment 366217

Here is a Bolla and an Antinori! as always during the year, the hi-fi room in the cellar is next to the wine room;)
I am getting the strong urge to make a big pot of tomato w/meat sauce and serve pasta w/dry red wine and ice cream... Perhaps tomorrow I can do that. I already ate 2 dinners/lunch today >@^_*@<

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I ate cannelloni just the other night...but rosé wine from Garda!
I bought a new bottled peach wine thingy the other night and it was very sparkly and fresh. I slurped that back like fruit juice and went about my matters after...LoL.

Mikig

I am getting the strong urge to make a big pot of tomato w/meat sauce and serve pasta w/dry red wine and ice cream... Perhaps tomorrow I can do that. I already ate 2 dinners/lunch today >@^_*@<
in Emilia Romagna, the home region of pasta with meat ragout, also known as Bolognese, Lambrusco is often drunk. A slightly lively red wine. Also excellent with cured meats! I recommend it if you find it in your area, don't expect an austere wine, on the contrary it is very carefree and pleasant!

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
in Emilia Romagna, the home region of pasta with meat ragout, also known as Bolognese, Lambrusco is often drunk. A slightly lively red wine. Also excellent with cured meats! I recommend it if you find it in your area, don't expect an austere wine, on the contrary it is very carefree and pleasant!
I have Lambrusco bookmarked and will seek it out tomorrow for my big feed of pasta and ice cream. I look forward to a ice cold crispy sparkly wine. I found a very interesting and cool liquor store today with chandeliers, LED lighting all over, sparkle lighting effects reflecting off bottles that are floor to ceiling and the selection is better than average too I found. I wish I had pics...

Mikig

I have Lambrusco bookmarked and will seek it out tomorrow for my big feed of pasta and ice cream. I look forward to a ice cold crispy sparkly wine. I found a very interesting and cool liquor store today with chandeliers, LED lighting all over, sparkle lighting effects reflecting off bottles that are floor to ceiling and the selection is better than average too I found. I wish I had pics...
Every now and then you find some really nice wine and liquor store!! If the one you visited is well stocked you might find it: it is very typical in Italy. Otherwise, similar wines include the sparkling Bonarda and the Gutturnio. Excellent Lambrusco, usually drunk as you indicated! very cold! in Italy, in its land, it is typical to use earthenware cups to drink it.

PatentLawyer

Forum Donor
@Doodski , you have a real verve for life that I really respect and admire.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I purchased Italian Chianti Ruffino and a South American Chilean Gata Negro Cabernet Sauvignon. They both are nice reds although the Chianti Ruffino wins the prize for today.

Ilkless

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
IMG_20240430_171538.jpg

A pronounced chocolate note on the finish. Vibrant raspberry and coconut caramel on the nose. Tannins kept in rein. Straightforward but appealing in structure.

Last edited:

PatentLawyer

Forum Donor
Indeed. Quaffed the whole bottle (ill advised) to anesthesise a shit day at work
I hope that didn't lead to a shit morning. :)

TulseLuper

Forum Donor
Lauer and Forge? That's bait in these parts.

Seriously though, 2013 Fass 5? That's one of Lauer's best year in year out. How was it?

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
'21 was a bit of a down year here, but Forge still managed to make some pretty decent stuff. The Tango Oaks vineyard is a superb site. I just got my '22s and will sample them as soon as possible. :cool:

I'll bet that BA was a stunner.

Top Bottom