• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Wine thread - what are you enjoying?

PatentLawyer

Forum Donor

Karu

Forum Donor
I do love a Cynar Spritz…

None here though.

Attachments

• IMG_4815.jpeg
    IMG_4815.jpeg
    260.9 KB · Views: 19

PatentLawyer

Forum Donor
How is the 14 showing? Would imagine on the young side?

PatentLawyer

Forum Donor
For a while Chambers Street was on fire with bottles of PdB from 70s. Every single one I bought showed great, even the “normale” / torre. great stuff.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I think about 100 euros, average, I've seen them at 80 as well as 150!
Yeah, I was wondering about that. It's a nice original piece with dings and dents but otherwise good labelling and nice merchandising of product. The Ruffino being a highlight of special interest groups I imagine. :D

Mikig

Yeah, I was wondering about that. It's a nice original piece with dings and dents but otherwise good labelling and nice merchandising of product. The Ruffino being a highlight of special interest groups I imagine. :D
yes, they are interesting bottles, I keep them because they come from my grandparents, so in a certain sense they are memories of them.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
yes, they are interesting bottles, I keep them because they come from my grandparents, so in a certain sense they are memories of them.
There is that and there is Bollo Barlondino, Bollo Valpolicella, Antinori Valpolicella and Ruffino is usually mixed in there too with all of them. All seemingly from the same regional growing area if memory serves me correct. If you do a little research you might up the bottle valuation to double or triple.

Mikig

There is that and there is Bollo Barlondino, Bollo Valpolicella, Antinori Valpolicella and Ruffino is usually mixed in there too with all of them. All seemingly from the same regional growing area if memory serves me correct. If you do a little research you might up the bottle valuation to double or triple.
Antinori is typically Tuscan, but they also make Franciacorta. Bolla are wines from Veneto in an area further east than Lake Garda. Among my favorites, Ripasso and Amarone!!

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Antinori is typically Tuscan, but they also make Franciacorta. Bolla are wines from Veneto in an area further east than Lake Garda. Among my favorites, Ripasso and Amarone!!
I recognize some names and places. I have been serving professionally and drinking unprofessionally fine Italian wines since the age of I think it was eleven. I tried all the various red and white wines that we sold at the bar of a huge Italian restaurant that I worked at for years in my early pre-teens as a bar waiter. Italian food and wine is my favorite and secondary to that is traditional Chinese food with any wine that is available...LoL. :D But yeah if you need to bribe me a nice hefty cannelloni serving with lotsa cheese and mushrooms with a very dry red will be a good starting point.

Top Bottom