• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Why I am unable to hear any difference between these DACs?

Killingbeans

Major Contributor
I will give it the attention adjustments and care that I gave my system to get it to sound as good as it does.

You've mentioned something similar a few times. What exactly do you mean by "adjustments"?

If we're talking about opening them up and desoldering components to replace them with "audiophile upgrades", I'll become sad puppy.

If it's something nuts, like putting magical quantum beer coaster or rocks on top of the gear to satisfy the gods of electromagnetism, I'm just gonna quit on you right here and now.

hwest

You've mentioned something similar a few times. What exactly do you mean by "adjustments"?

If we're talking about opening them up and desoldering components to replace them with "audiophile upgrades", I'll become sad puppy.

If it's something nuts, like putting magical quantum beer coaster or rocks on top of the gear to satisfy the gods of electromagnetism, I'm just gonna quit on you right here and now.
I usually take some tinfoil and put it over the all of the components to protect the differential signaling. :) Just kidding, no I mean not depending on room correction software but dialing in all of the subtle things I can from a software perspective, crossover perspective and feature set to get the best sound that I can achieve within the limitations of just the knobs I can turn software and hardware wise/crossovers tones looking at just a signal analyzer occasionally to validate what I'm hearing, making sure I don't have any standing waves as my room shape isn't exactly ideal and requires some tweaking.

Top Bottom