• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What power acceptability curve best handles reality?

Illtrick

I've been doing some research to help our some EE's who are building out some power equipment. They brought up the CBEMA curve as a "standard" by which to define the probable electrical input conditions that they'd need to handle. I don't have the background to answer the question for them explicitly but my gut tells me it might be insufficient to represent the variability in the modern day world as it's derived from older data. What do you guys use when planning out input variability?

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I've been doing some research to help our some EE's who are building out some power equipment. They brought up the CBEMA curve as a "standard" by which to define the probable electrical input conditions that they'd need to handle. I don't have the background to answer the question for them explicitly but my gut tells me it might be insufficient to represent the variability in the modern day world as it's derived from older data. What do you guys use when planning out input variability?
International product specific standards - such as
(The product standard for variable speed drives)

These standards will often reference other more generic standards for such things as power supply compliance.

OP
Illtrick

Illtrick

International product specific standards - such as
(The product standard for variable speed drives)

These standards will often reference other more generic standards for such things as power supply compliance.
Thanks. I'll see if there's some references there. Curious if what mains voltage sag / duration of sag most people are engineering to for North America.

Top Bottom