• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What is the best class d amp for max 200 euros for my demands

Bushellj

I’d actually suggest a Mean Well 36V power supply which I use to power both my 04 and 07. That said, these are fantastic amps that can’t be beaten for the price.
I only use the 24 volt versions because they are very easy to find on the various selling sites. 36 volt versions only come up very rarely. Obviously if you are buying new it makes no difference.

TheWalkman

I only use the 24 volt versions because they are very easy to find on the various selling sites. 36 volt versions only come up very rarely. Obviously if you are buying new it makes no difference.
Bushellj,

Confirmed the caps in the 04 are 35V so let's disregard the earlier post to avoid confusing others!

Cheers

Last edited:

Bushellj

From memory, I think the capacitors in the Aiyima A04 are rated at 35 volts so you might want to be careful using a 36 volt power supply for this model.

My only reason for using a 24 volt power supply - normally turned up to 28/29 volts is they are very easy to find on eBay and usually no more than £20. Lots of equipment uses the Mean Well 24 volt Power Supplies as standard so plenty around at good prices. Just picked up two LRS-350-36 Power Supplies (Used) for £20 each !!

For most of my applications for these amplifiers I don’t need lots of power for driving inefficient speakers as I tend to use bookshelf sized speakers in relatively small rooms or they are powering my near field speakers either side of my computer !!

The GST series look ideal but they are quite expensive and not many available at the higher current ratings on eBay.

Thank you for the update on the TPA3251being used in the Topping PA5. I hadn’t yet seen this confirmed. I wonder if anyone will go as far as looking at the contents of the potted front end !!??

Last edited:

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I recently ordered a cheap 'powerAmp' for the garage and I don't want to say the brand bcuz the ASR chief bottle-brush thinks the brand is pos.
Now I know why:: That classD amp arrived w/a 19.2V wall-wart and when questioned why not the advertised 24V, I was told that the manufacturer believes the lowerV PS would provide longer-term reliability. Maybe that is BS!
I don't mind because I am already in the mind to purchase this dual-output 24V/120W LPS (total price comes shy of $100).
1640314353600.png
1640314408700.png

There maybe some load regulation issues w/it, but there is a trim pot, inside it. Worse that can happen is that there will be a bit of smoke in the garage.:rolleyes:

dr_mick51

What differences in terms of sound does the fosi audio BT20a have compared to the saba a20a apart from the power? I currently have a smsl a12 and I am thinking of updating it
Do you have a picture of the inside of SMSL A12?

OP
gasolin75

gasolin75

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I have looked at class d power amps, on audiophonics in france it's 400 euros and op for a power amp, not integrated amp

When i google it, most results i get is power amps= integrated amp, not power amp even when i look for amps at 200-30 euros i can't find much

Is there any fosi audio b20a, sabaj a20a power amp with more power for 200-300 euros (the fosi amp cost 100 euros, the sabaj amp costa 150 euros)

Top Bottom